Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice variety I dug up for you button fans. Hopefully I'll figure my way down to some old coinage at this new site. Pulled a KG1 and CT copper previously, along with a asymmetrical buckle.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486518599.537456.jpg

In the back is a nice old tailors thimble.

Well, back to my work week...never enough time to dig.

Steve

Upvote 17
Nice mix of buttons-especially the one with heavy gilt. Always fun to find flat buttons.

nice buttons! you make it look so easy ..:laughing9:

Nice mix of buttons-especially the one with heavy gilt. Always fun to find flat buttons.

Thanks Glenn. The gilt never seems to hold up on the face of the button. My best flat button only had maybe 50-60% gilt on the face. I assume most button fronts are likely worn off by the user before being lost.

Nice button finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

I also, love digging old buttons.

Thanks Glenn. The gilt never seems to hold up on the face of the button. My best flat button only had maybe 50-60% gilt on the face. I assume most button fronts are likely worn off by the user before being lost.

That's been my experience too.

Congrats on some nice flat buttons, Skippy. I never get tired of digging those!

Wow,looks like it been a button week around!! Congrats!

Congrats on the sweet assortment of buttons Scrappy. Looks like you are at another good site.

Thanks all. There were other finds but the buttons were all I had time to clean. Hopefully this site will produce but it's loaded with iron. With previous finds here solidly in the 1600's, I would say the potential is good

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back