What's new

Buttons? Antique? or What?

txnana

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 5, 2011
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I have enclosed some pics of what I think might be buttons but I
am so not sure. These were in an old jar I got at an estate sale
and I am so curious about them.
The only things I can tell you is that they do not stick to a magnet,
(may help you in identifying metal type) and I can tell you that they
are all approx. the size of a dime-give or take-.

They look quite old to me, besides the way they look, in particular
the one of the african-american eating the watermelon slice(last pic)-made me
think age was not recent.

I would so greatly appreciate any info you would be willing to share
with me.
 

Attachments

  • SANY0005 (Small).webp
    SANY0005 (Small).webp
    9.8 KB · Views: 173
  • SANY0006 (Small).webp
    SANY0006 (Small).webp
    9.2 KB · Views: 159
  • SANY0010 (Small).webp
    SANY0010 (Small).webp
    9 KB · Views: 172
  • SANY0011 (Small).webp
    SANY0011 (Small).webp
    9.1 KB · Views: 158
collar buttons
What are they made of??
Look to be novelty type made of lead or pot metal?
 
Upvote 0
What size are they? I'm particularly interested in the cat since I found one very similar just last week. Check out my link and see if your cat looks like this one.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,405335.0.html
Is the seam on your cat in the same place as mine?
Nice finds, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
What size are they? I'm particularly interested in the cat since I found one very similar just last week. Check out my link and see if your cat looks like this one.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,405335.0.html
Is the seam on your cat in the same place as mine?
Nice finds, Breezie

Did not think of a kids collar button when I saw your cat Breezie, A good possibility.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom