What's new

Buttons silver and mystery

trapperart

Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2015
Messages
16,165
Reaction score
13,042
Golden Thread
2
Location
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got a new detector and tried it on well hunted spots very pleased. It's a whites MXSport. I believe the mystery thing is pewter that was on something iron. Good luck to all. Art
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0160.webp
    DSC_0160.webp
    159.2 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC_0159.webp
    DSC_0159.webp
    169 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC_0158.webp
    DSC_0158.webp
    264.7 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 12
Looks like that new detector may breathe some life into your previously hunted sites.
 
Do you think that is a turkey? I thought it might be part of a knocker, but pewter would be too soft probably. Maybe it was some sort of a decorative top on an iron fence? Hard to say. Might be one of those mystery finds we can only guess at.
 
The first thing that came to my mind also was a turkey. That almost became the national bird.

Congrats on the new heater
 
Looks like a nice hunt. I was also thinking Turkey when I looked at it, but dont know what it would have been used for.
 
That's a nice little hunt.

A first I thought scallop shell... but after you said turkey... it looks like a Tom Turkey!
 
Nice one's trapper. Reminds me of a turkey too. Looks very old.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom