Buy all the Lego you find at yardsales!

Oct 2, 2008
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Old Folks Knowledge
I found a fresh looking box of legos. It was set 6080 (i think) King's Castle. I busted it out of the box (which was in reqally good shape) and put it together and it turned out only to be missing like 2 pieces. I sold it day before yesterday for 100 dollars. Man oh man, are those legos ever a good tip. I got them for free at this ladys shop that sells old and new stuff. She said her sister had loads more still in the boxes and that she would box them all up and bring them to me. They were supposed to be there today, so I went back and ended up helping her around her shop. Just putting together tables and moving beds and such. I don't know how much help I was, but i really did try to help her. I ended up telling her how much I got for the legos and she called her sister and told her, and all of the sudden there aren't that many legos, and none of them are in the original boxes. I don't know if they were always like that, or if now she's crawfishing, or what the deal is, but I'm supposed to get whatever she's got next weekend. I told her that I would split the profit with her, because I hate looking shady. I don't hate being shady, I just hate looking shady, and that's just the truth.
I should have just kept my big mouth shut.

Attachments

• 182kcache.jpg
    182kcache.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 1,816

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1996 said:
I should have just kept my big mouth shut.
the force is strong yes with this young padawan

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cyberdan said:
Also I poured them out to weigh and out fell a 1943 Wheatie. One more to add to my stash, getting close to 5000.

Cyberdan I would like to buy your 1943 Wheatie if it's copper! ;D

littleneckhalfshell

Jun 21, 2005
When my brother and I were kids, we got a set of lego blocks from our Great Uncle in Germany. This was BEFORE lego was sold in the USA. One interesting thing about these older lego blocks, they didn't have the interior circles on the bottom, just the points on the top, the bottom was just a four sided box. Over time, a long time, the blocks warped a bit, the middle of a long beam block would sort of 'pull in' and they didn't click together as well as the Newer blocks most of us are now familiar with. We still have them somewhere, wonder if they are worth anything?

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
littleneckhalfshell said:
One interesting thing about these older lego blocks, they didn't have the interior circles on the bottom, just the points on the top, the bottom was just a four sided box. Over time, a long time, the blocks warped a bit, the middle of a long beam block would sort of 'pull in'
What ever happened to precision German engineering? :icon_scratch:
Good beer, great wine, lousy legos.

My Precious

Feb 10, 2009
Adirondack Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just joined TNet and have already found some excellent insight this being one of them. I never realized Lego was so hot. Once the yard sales start up in a couple months I'll need to remember to stop at the sales with kid toys which I've avoided in the past... Thanks :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread