Buy all the Lego you find at yardsales!

klava

Mar 13, 2007
Them there hills!
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistidor
I love yardsales and flea markets. I also love items I can make a quick and good profit from.

Anytime you see Lego buy them! Make sure they are actually LEGO. Most all pieces has Lego written on it somewhere. Even nonlegal brands are worth picking up but make sure not to advertise them as actual Lego pieces.

Lego has a huge cult following and pieces are worth MINT.

Like I said pick up all pieces. I have picked up a handful here for .25 or a bag there for 1.00. I usually save them up until I have 20lbs then list all my Lego auctions at once. People will want more than one thing and since they can combine shipping with you they will bid more on other items. Here's an idea of what things are worth.

1)Minifigs(the little Lego people) Will sell for no less than $1.00 on eBay. Some minifigs are amazingly valuable. I have found some Star Wars minifigs that I have sold for 25 bucks a piece. Just research them on eBay for an estimate. For regular run of the mill figs I post them in lots of 10. I like to make at least 10 dollars off of any eBay sale.

2)Lego by the pound. Lego sells for no less than $5 a pound. This is for regular run of the mill pieces,

Now for a few tips.

*Check out any pieces you have that are odd. I sold a tractor and trailer "trailer" part. It was just the back part of the trailer one piece that could be built on. Sold for 13 bucks. I paid a quarter for it. Always look up odd and unusual pieces they will bring you alot more individually than selling them in a lot.

*When selling on EBay research and make titles with what you have. Lego has there own terms. Get acquainted with them.

*Start all auctions at .99 and do not try to rip anyone off on shipping. If you have 10 minifigs you can ship them in a bubble mailer for pretty cheap.

*Sell all you have at once. Save your Lego until you have a good amount then list them all at once. People will bid on other items of yours because they can combine shipping. thus increasing your bids.

*Look for matching piece(pieces that are a little on the odd side) Sometimes putting these in a lot by themself can make good money.

*Alot of Lego collectors build alot of stuff and need alot of pieces that are a certain color. Put together all non rare pieces of the same color into a lot.

*I would suggest to always do lots of 5lbs or more

*Never put minfigs in lots you are selling by the pound.

*Buy Lego books(the ones that tell you how to put them together) Some of these can go for crazy prices.

That's really all I can think of right now to many distractions and not enough concentration. If I think of more Ill post hope this helps.

In closing make sure when you list you are listing a lot or piece big enough to make at least 10 dollars profit. Thus insuring that you will make enough for it to be worth your time.

Buying Lego will just help supplement your TH funds Hope you all find lots and lots:-)

-K

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have 30 pounds of legos at least from my kids that keeps getting moved around the garage ;D

OP
OP
klava

klava

Mar 13, 2007
Them there hills!
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistidor
No problem TT. I cant get them all anyway and I figure if youa re gonna be going to yardsales anyway might as well know what stuff is worth.

-K

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Hope no one near me reads this. I have made some GOOD $$$ selling Legos's. Mini figs ARE worth $$$

low xtreme

Oct 5, 2006
georgia
wow, that's good to know. i'll have to look through my old legos and see if there's anything worth some money. thanks for the heads up klava.

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Thanks for the heads up amigo, I have a flat leggo yard/street piece that came with a leggo town set and some old lego tractor/farm machimery kits. Any ideas on value or if they would sell? I see about posting pics got to borrow a camera.

Acevillav

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
I've made a few bucks on vintage Lego's myself. Here are a couple pics.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_26.jpg
    ScreenHunter_26.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 3,024
  • ScreenHunter_27.jpg
    ScreenHunter_27.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 3,015

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info, I will try and use.

The only thing I used to know about lego's was that you should not step on them barefooted in the dark! :o :o

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cyberdan said:
The only thing I used to know about lego's was that you should not step on them barefooted in the dark! :o :o
like running barefoot on a gravel driveway :tard:
the funny part is trying not to yell out in pain at 3 or 4 am :D

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ummm Edde, whatcha doing running at 3-4 am barefoot in a driveway n stepping on legos...ummm maybe ya better not tell.. omg what a visual... :thumbsup:

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can build many things with Lego's. My grandson built this battle ship from his imagination when he was 3 years old. At 13 he wants to be an engineer. He uses cad programs and designs coaster rides, and it all started with Lego's.

Attachments

• Lego.JPG
    Lego.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 2,444

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the info, Klava. :)

Legos are my all time favorite toy. I think I love them more than my kids did. I have a huge tote full...I'm not sure I could part with even one figure. :-\

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I jumped right in and bought Lego on Sat. Two pounds at one stop for $1. Did I get a bargain? I had no idea what to offer.

The little girl kept three of those little lego figures. What should I have offered her?

Also I poured them out to weigh and out fell a 1943 Wheatie. One more to add to my stash, getting close to 5000.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
thanks for posting this!!! After reading this I went through all of the kids legos that I had planned to eventually yardsale. I knew I wouldn't get much for them in a yard sale. I came up with about 65 mini figs. sold them and some accessories for over $67!! I was very happy with that price. Now i"m gonna sell the bricks! I probably have about 25 lbs of them. thanks again!

OP
OP
klava

klava

Mar 13, 2007
Them there hills!
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistidor
Your welcome. Feel free to pass me a ten'er LMAO. Legos are a good cash cow for people who go to alot of yardsales anyway. Congrats!

-K

Oct 2, 2008
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Old Folks Knowledge
Just found this forum, not bad. That stepping on legos in the dark brings back memories. :coffee2: Have a heel looking like a waffle iron got a holt of it. I can't say I ever built anything with them though. I just remember a bunch of little white pieces that looked like the front of a boat, and little doors with glass and hinges and stuff. and those miniature, what is it figs :wink: all of mine ended up in the trash years a go.

i passed up hella garage sales this morning when i was out hitting the banks for half dollars. mainly just saw clothes and glass. some junk though, but i didn't have anything in mind to look for. i'll have to remember legos.

my dad had a retail store in the 80's and early, like 90. when the doors closed it was a toy store. after he retired/ started preaching, he started buying rock bottom clearance stuff at wal mart. mostly toys that he sends to orphanages at cristmas, and other preacher type activity, heh, and some he sales on ebay, mostly to pay the credit card bills. one of his best money makers is legos. if he can find like starwars, or pirates of the caribean, and then wait til christmas, he's made pretty good doing that.

T

trish76642

Thanks for the info! I have a huge box of em in the top of my closet i kept for my neices and nephews when they would come over. I would get in the floor with them and we would have the best time putting things together. Its really fun watching their little creative minds put things together.

My brother has 4 boys, one night he took a couple of benedryls because he had a bad head cold, wasnt long after he feel asleep, well the youngest one who was 2 at the time had crawled up in the bed beside him, as he's always done. The next morning my brother gets up for work, and he cant hear anything from his left ear, so he gets a q-tip and feels something stuck in his ear, he gets his wife to look at it to see if she can tell what it is, sure enough the little one had stuck a tiny lego in his ear while he was sleeping! He had to go to the emergency room to get it taken out! The doctor said, "I've pulled alot of things out of peoples ears, but never a LEGO!" lmao

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
~Trish~ said:
the little one had stuck a tiny lego in his ear while he was sleeping! He had to go to the emergency room to get it taken out! The doctor said, "I've pulled alot of things out of peoples ears, but never a LEGO!"
That happened to my brother once when he was in Japan, only it wasn't a lego it was a live beetle that flew in. :o >:(

T

trish76642

cyberdan said:
~Trish~ said:
the little one had stuck a tiny lego in his ear while he was sleeping! He had to go to the emergency room to get it taken out! The doctor said, "I've pulled alot of things out of peoples ears, but never a LEGO!"
That happened to my brother once when he was in Japan, only it wasn't a lego it was a live beetle that flew in. :o >:(
OMG that gives me chills! LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions