Buying a new detector f70 or at pro

issombeituni

May 26, 2013
Tomorrow is the day. I am buying a new detector. I started with the fisher f2 now i want a machine that i can grow into.

At pro or fisher f70 w/11dd

Help pls i realize they are different machines but looking for a good deep and quality machine. Waterproof is not a feature i care about.

I hunt on farms and parks and some beach areas.

It seems there are tons of great reviews on the atp but also tons of not so good. I know the atp seems to be the "iphone" of this hobby and is a great machine. The f70 from what i read seems to all good reviews.

Any input?

Upvote 0

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Fisher ppl with say the F70...ATP owners, I'm bettin they will say AT Pro.

I like my ATP.

Prolly can't go wrong with either.

OP
OP
issombeituni

issombeituni

May 26, 2013
I looking for a non bias answer i am not putting either down they both are amazing just cant make my mind up

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I looking for a non bias answer i am not putting either down they both are amazing just cant make my mind up
That's like trying to get a straight answer from a used car dealer.

I, honestly, would go with the ATP, unless you want to flip a few more Benjamins for an F-75, and then I would take that anyday.

Vladio

Mar 5, 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, AT Pro, ProPointer &
Bounty Hunter (kids)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to MDing. Was in the same place as you in February. You'll not find an unbiased recommendation. I did a lot of research and bought an Ace 250 from Garrett. It was nice and did a good job but I wanted something better. I started over looking and tried as many as I could. I ended up with an AT Pro. I love it, especially that its waterproof to 10 feet. I was just hunting a river last night then hosed it down when I got home. Last week we were camping and our site was very trashy with foil subsurface. I was able to pick out coins and found close to 100 in all that trash. I'm not saying its better than another just conveying my experiences. Being made in America's a nice feature as well. But, quite a few other brands are too. Your best bet is to go to a multi-line dealer that you'll be able to try them all out.

Good luck and best wishes,
Joe

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's like trying to get a straight answer from a used car dealer.

I, honestly, would go with the ATP, unless you want to flip a few more Benjamins for an F-75, and then I would take that anyday.

I completely agree, and I'm a fisher guy?!?! Lol

ATP is solid, and it's waterproof, I know you said you don't care about that, but if you get it you'll be prepare incase the occasion does happen pop up?!?!

I'm sure the F70 is great but I bet it's the least sold model of all the fishers. It's too close to the F75 in price- like Eli said just a few couple more Benjamins. $0.02

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I have the pro its a great detector now u said u wanted to do beaches well the pro will let u go into the water fresh & saltwater the other wont. Also say u got the Fisher great machine but u figure u want to go further into the water besides only up to the control box well now u have to go get another machine verse having one to do it all. Now if u still cant make ur mind up go used for the prices of each new u may b able to get both used for the price of 1 new

Vladio

Mar 5, 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, AT Pro, ProPointer &
Bounty Hunter (kids)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It took me about 5 minute to get hooked on water detecting. The first time u get a good, solid upper scale hit then go under and find something good, you'll be hooked as well. Check out Beau Ouimette's videos on YouTube.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Drank the kool aid huh? Oh well!
I hear they are fine machines!

Indian Head

Greenie
Aug 3, 2013
I use an at pro and just this past thursday i found an indian head penny 1887 and it was easy to tell it was a penny before i even dug it. I also found the silver quarter and a 1940 wheat boy

Attachments

• image-1116567841.jpg
    image-1116567841.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 67
  • image-2855372958.jpg
    image-2855372958.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 66

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread