What's new

Buying boxes

47thelement

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2009
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
161
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do youfid out what armored truck company services a particular bank or branch?
 
Upvote 0
You can ask them.

Or, buy a box and look at the rolls. Around here Brinks uses rolls that say Brinks. Garda uses CWI rolls (String and Sons wrappers).

The tellers should be able to answer your question.

Jim
 
Ask the bank? :o I'm sure they would give you a weird look, but just tell them why. Would the truck company let you buy boxes right from them?
 
HolyDiver said:
Ask the bank? :o I'm sure they would give you a weird look, but just tell them why. Would the truck company let you buy boxes right from them?


From what I understand, you have to have a Federal Reserve bank account to get coins from the courier services. I actually called once when I first started out and that is what they told me.

Someone on here once said they were allowed to buy halves from a courier company directly, but I don't know who or where that was.

Jim
 
even if you could buy boxes directly from an armored car service you need to think twice before you do that.......i mean the way things are today do you really want your neighbor's or their friends, associates, the local street thug, or anyone else see an armored car pull up to your drive way and unload?? you don't want to draw that kind of attention to yourself, even if you have a top knoch alarm system on your house. i don't even throw away the rappers and used boxes at home. don't want the trash men to see them and think about paying me a visit when i am not home, or worse paying you a visit when you are. stick with getting them from the bank.
 
I think it would be awesome if you are actually talking about having an armored truck deliver them to your house. I don't know how to go about placing an order though. Maybe wear a trench coat and dark sunglasses and wait for them at your local bank.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom