Cable TV Adventure, Treasure, Gold Shows

infidelsaint

May 29, 2010
Yes I could imagine coughing up a good lead on a local treasure, and having a casting company tossing you out of the hunt, because they want TV worthy drama queens on the big screen, lol.

It is very simple, if you have a agreement with the owners of the land, you can record the old thing, then try to sell the film to a network. May work for me.

That is why you have every conversation via email, so that if they steal an idea, you have a paper trail of them leading you on, so that when you sue them after they broadcast your idea, you will have a leg to stand on in court.

Mike

The situation was different from the usual "treasure hunt." We knew going into it that odds are we'd be used/pumped for information (story, logistics, etc.). Took a chance since there was a need for exploratory funding. We seriously debated the value of the approach and should have followed our gut. The reason I have posted about it is to possibly help others who may face the same dilemma; in all probability your interests and those of the tv production company are at odds. Any value gained by involving a tv company is most likely eclipsed by loss of control. Unless of course it's really just about being on tv.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back