Whites DFX Program Settings

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Im always trying to experiment and tinker on my own. But Im sure others as well have the same questions such as this. If possible are there program settings for example my whites dfx detector its older but still effective. If you have to purchase such then that's fine but again it also depends where you live and what your searching for I understand. So for example I live in pa and in general I use the factory set programing but would like to try other settings that have potential. So in ending if anyone cares to offer any information that would appreciated , thankyou god bless

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that Sharon Hill PA or someplace else?
I would suggest a copy of digging Deeper with the DFX and spend some time reading and then experimenting with the hand full of setting that make a difference.
I typically hunt in 15kHz only tone id on ground filter of 3 AC so the machine is stable. Once you get a handle on the important stuff you will find you only have to change a few things at each site unless the sites are very different in ground matrix.

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I have used some of the custom programs from Whites forum by Fox, so I will give him credit for these as should be. I have tweaked on these some for my own area and type of hunting. If you have already seen these, then disregard. Mark.

DFX_(4) Fox's DFX Programs

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Airscapes

Thanks for the help, oh by the way that's Sharon, Pa, location is far western Pa on ohio border, example next to youngstown ohio, or mercer county pa to be exact. And I just purchased understanding whites dfx by Jimmy Sierra Normandi its helpful to a certain degree but Im currently looking for the digging deeper book it seems hard to find maybe cause older publication but still looking. So yes my machine is older but still effective I have dd coil also and smaller, plus 950 coil. I just want to be able to tweak or set a few custom settings that other such as yourself had success with. Thankyou sir

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread