May 31, 2014
Riverview
Detector(s) used
MineLab Equinox 900
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well, as you may or not know from my previous posts, I have an AT Pro, which I am going to sell. Great machine, I just really don’t seem to use it. So…… that leaves me with the Fisher CZ 21. Awesome machine, but I will never go diving, great on the beach!, but I am thinking I should also sell my CZ and get an all in one metal detector. Something waterproof to maybe 10 feet incase I do take it underwater at the beach. I am not even sure if the CZ can or should be used in parks or on land and how it will perform. I hear I should consider the MineLab Equinox or the Notka Legend, I also heard of the Dues 2. I think that since I hunt 95% of the time on the beach, I should steer towards something exceptionally well suited for the beach….. any ideas or insight would be appreciated. I am open to maybe just keeping the Cz, it seems great on the beach although a tad bit heavy and it might be overkill for me? Thanks in advance.
Jim

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an XP Deus II now. I really like it. I have gone back over sites that have been hammered and found some nice stuff. Choice of metal detector sometimes comes down to the individual and the price you are willing to pay. Good luck with your decision.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning Medcnnman : I am no expert but first let me welcome you to a very fine forum. You failed to mention what your willing to spend for a detector. I have both the Minelab Manticore and the Deus 2's I have sold ALL my equniox's they seem to have a few issues with them. leaking and charging issues,I do also have A Legend but i have never used it. the Deus 2's and Manticores are between 1360 and 1600 If your a vet you can get the Manticore for 1360

Hope this helps

DWerk

Oct 18, 2020
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3i, AT Pro, Deus 1, Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't go wrong with The Deus 2. I had the AT Pro and the Deus 1; sold both of them to get the Deus 2. Good in water and on land. I hunt the Great Lakes sand beach and it goes deep and hits hard )multi-freq) on all coins, small gold jewelry while still being exc for parks/relics. Real good machine in heavy iron. Only weighs 2 pounds so it is easy to swing all day, internal batteries last for couple days, can be recharged using same charger I use for the cell phone when needed..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions