Can anyone help me these peices of jewelry?

Jul 7, 2020
Vermont
Detector(s) used
An old radio shack, simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this a while ago and was wondering if someone could help we with a date or any other info. Could not find any maker marks. There is a brooch with a broken pin, a broach ring with different dog and an elephant designs on it, and a very interesting image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg piece of a neckless or bracelet.

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
Identify Pieces

Found this a while ago and was wondering if someone could help we with a date or any other info. Could not find any maker marks. There is a brooch with a broken pin, a broach ring with different dog and an elephant designs on it, and a very interesting View attachment 1873218 View attachment 1873220 View attachment 1873221 View attachment 1873222 View attachment 1873222 View attachment 1873223 View attachment 1873224 piece of a neckless or bracelet.

The oval brass piece is called a sash pin. It has the pin missing. Turn of the century...late 1800's to early 1900's. The NECKLACE is hard to age,..but from patina maybe mid-1900's. Same with ring.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Vermont treasure hunter
Jul 7, 2020
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you! The shash pin is older than I thought and it makes sense that it is a shash pin. I cleaned it up some more. Here are the cleaned up picks. I am pretty shure that it is silver plated by the way. image.jpg image.jpg thanks for the info on the other pieces too.

Upvote 0

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
were these dug?
what do you mean you found? were they all together or items found in different locations over time
what area were they found
i live the necklace' Cant put my finger on why i think this a special peice
go back, look for the rest of it
Brady

Upvote 0

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we usually refrain from washing, buffing a find
drastically decreases the value if any
Its normal to want to put your buckle under a wheel and polish
who dosent want to polish their find
Brady boy

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Vermont treasure hunter
Jul 7, 2020
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brady boy, I found all three in this old dump near my house that I hunt sometimes. There were all found in different parts of it. I cleaned it because I liked it and I am planing on keeping it for a nice piece in my collection.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Vermont treasure hunter
Jul 7, 2020
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, I just used a little Lemmon juice and hot water. Really good at cleaning silver plated pieces.

Upvote 0

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The necklace is Edwardian style. Early 20th C.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Vermont treasure hunter
Jul 7, 2020
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have also found this necklace. I am not sure if the stones are real or if they are plastic or if they are glass but if someone can tell me anything about this piece too, that would be great. image.jpg image.jpg
Update: after closer inspection it seems that it says something on a loop on the end. I can not read it yet. If anyone can read it, please tell me. image.jpg
Little hard to see in the photo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I have also found this necklace. I am not sure if the stones are real or if they are plastic or if they are glass but if someone can tell me anything about this piece too, that would be great. View attachment 1873479 View attachment 1873480
Update: after closer inspection it seems that it says something on a loop on the end. I can not read it yet. If anyone can read it, please tell me. View attachment 1873481

You might be able to lightly rub chalk over the raised letters to make them stand out better.

Upvote 0

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have also found this necklace. I am not sure if the stones are real or if they are plastic or if they are glass but if someone can tell me anything about this piece too, that would be great.
Update: after closer inspection it seems that it says something on a loop on the end. I can not read it yet. If anyone can read it, please tell me.

This is also Edwardian. 1900 - 1920 give or take... It's called 'fringe' style. Search "Edwardian fringe necklace" to see other examples.

I'm guessing it's costume jewelry but I wouldn't know a gem from a gym or a Jim.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread