What's new

can anyone id this button?

Justice70

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2008
Messages
644
Reaction score
82
Golden Thread
0
Location
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this button last year in the woods 4-5'' deep if memory serves me correctly. It is a very old site,the first home in this particular towns history stood approx. 50 yards from where I found it.It has very bad corrosion build up,especially on the back.Unfortunately,while trying to clean it a portion of the back caved in.
 

Attachments

  • button.webp
    button.webp
    89.9 KB · Views: 206
  • back of button.webp
    back of button.webp
    43.7 KB · Views: 214
Hi and Welcome!

I would say any button you find metal detecting is cool and valuable.(sentimentally) And yours is no exception. It's a Civilian dress button I'm guessing. I would say it's from 1920-40 HHHH

No cash value
 
Upvote 0
4-H said:
Hi and Welcome!

I would say any button you find metal detecting is cool and valuable.(sentimentally) And yours is no exception. It's a Civilian dress button I'm guessing. I would say it's from 1920-40 HHHH

No cash value

Agreed the steel back is a sign of post-1900.
 
Upvote 0
Thanx guys. Possibly older than I thought, I was guessing 1950's. HHHH, you are right on, I love finding buttons and hopefully will someday gain enough knowledge about them to age them myself.I have another button that I am curious about and will post soon. Thanx again for the help. Rookie
 
Upvote 0
Rookie2 said:
Thanx guys. Possibly older than I thought, I was guessing 1950's. HHHH, you are right on, I love finding buttons and hopefully will someday gain enough knowledge about them to age them myself.I have another button that I am curious about and will post soon. Thanx again for the help. Rookie
Ummm, If you love them like some ofus do....You'll learn very quickly.. These people love to teach
 
Upvote 0
4-H said:
Rookie2 said:
Thanx guys. Possibly older than I thought, I was guessing 1950's. HHHH, you are right on, I love finding buttons and hopefully will someday gain enough knowledge about them to age them myself.I have another button that I am curious about and will post soon. Thanx again for the help. Rookie
Ummm, If you love them like some ofus do....You'll learn very quickly.. These people love to teach

Hey Mike, what's an "ofus". ;D
 
Upvote 0
72cheyenne said:
4-H said:
Rookie2 said:
Thanx guys. Possibly older than I thought, I was guessing 1950's. HHHH, you are right on, I love finding buttons and hopefully will someday gain enough knowledge about them to age them myself.I have another button that I am curious about and will post soon. Thanx again for the help. Rookie
Ummm, If you love them like some ofus do....You'll learn very quickly.. These people love to teach

Hey Mike, what's an "ofus". ;D
You know, An Ofus . Large ape like man that lives in the forest. Sometimes refereed to as a "skunk ofus" Not all "OF US" have ever seen one. :D It's early....Dangit!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom