cryfreedom66
Tenderfoot
- Joined
- Mar 19, 2014
- Messages
- 4
- Reaction score
- 4
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Were they found in the USA?
Welcome to the forum!
Breezie
I was going to say that they are possibly wax seals but once I read the they are the size of a CD and since there are two of them, I really have no idea. Maybe take and post some pics of the designs on the rectangular face of the rings as well as pics with them in comparison to an actual object instead of just saying size of a CD, might help. To be Silver and have such intricate engravings, they must be of some significant importance!
Frank




First thing I thought of when I saw them was very ornate door knockers. Maybe for a really big set of double doors? Looks like the loop would fit into a bracket and the square piece would be on the bottom and used to strike or knock on the door....just a guess though!
