What's new

Can anyone identify this?

Mike Dumas

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 21, 2012
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings everyone this is my first post.

I found this while hiking a canyon in Escalante, Utah.

Thanks for your help,

Mike
 

Attachments

  • image-4206149845.webp
    image-4206149845.webp
    63.8 KB · Views: 145
  • image-320007567.webp
    image-320007567.webp
    74.8 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 0
Thanks Johnathan.

I appreciate your response.
 
yeah just a stone. that appears to be either a vein of iron or a rust mark on it.
 
Thanks Gator.

I thought it might have been a rust mark as well.

Just wanted to run it by someone else.
 
Was it sitting on top of more rocks?
Like a small pile of rocks?
 
Was it sitting on top of more rocks?
Like a small pile of rocks?

It was among many other small rounded river rock.

Not in a pile, just flat on the ground facing the way you see it in the pic.
 
I belive he is thinking trail marker
 
I belive he is thinking trail marker

Thanks Gator.

That's what I thought he meant.

I was just clarifying that it seemed to be in no particular placement among the other rocks.

But then again I could be wrong. lol
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom