What's new

can anyone read this? ( rest of oil painting )

aa battery

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2006
Messages
10,646
Reaction score
3,258
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
or which language is it :icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • stuff 007.webp
    stuff 007.webp
    141.2 KB · Views: 547
coin finder said:
Just Take it to a (Chinese Takeout) and see if They can read it ?

The Chinese place by my house has a picture with pink flowers in it. Pink flowers are a symbol of good luck in this cultural context.
Nevermind that they have the best Crab Rangoons in town.

~mellowcheddar
 
Upvote 0
stefen said:
Suprised what a person can find when dumpster diving ;D
ah so you jealous you not have 1 :D
 
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
ivan salis said:
chinese -- try typing chinese numbers into google * a chart will come up - I remember off hand the three lines across are the number 3 -- so most llikey its either a date / and artist name --or name and a production number (many asian artist crank out pictures in mass numbers and sell in bulk to middle men who market them for sell overseas )

I've been doing this for three days now... the "3" is the only obvious charactor... you're correct about that.

I even tried to use a interactive charactor program where I wrote the chractor out... it's still iffy.

I need to learn Chinese...

I think an actual chinese translation is appropriate...
:dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
aa battery said:
Montana Jim said:
ivan salis said:
chinese -- try typing chinese numbers into google * a chart will come up - I remember off hand the three lines across are the number 3 -- so most llikey its either a date / and artist name --or name and a production number (many asian artist crank out pictures in mass numbers and sell in bulk to middle men who market them for sell overseas )

I've been doing this for three days now... the "3" is the only obvious charactor... you're correct about that.

I even tried to use a interactive charactor program where I wrote the chractor out... it's still iffy.

I need to learn Chinese...

I think an actual chinese translation is appropriate...
:dontknow:

Seriously... LOL... take a picture of the writing to a chinese place... order a ton of food... and ask them to help out!
 
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
aa battery said:
Montana Jim said:
ivan salis said:
chinese -- try typing chinese numbers into google * a chart will come up - I remember off hand the three lines across are the number 3 -- so most llikey its either a date / and artist name --or name and a production number (many asian artist crank out pictures in mass numbers and sell in bulk to middle men who market them for sell overseas )

I've been doing this for three days now... the "3" is the only obvious charactor... you're correct about that.

I even tried to use a interactive charactor program where I wrote the chractor out... it's still iffy.

I need to learn Chinese...

I think an actual chinese translation is appropriate...
:dontknow:

Seriously... LOL... take a picture of the writing to a chinese place... order a ton of food... and ask them to help out!
k
 
Upvote 0
chinese --- its all greek to me :wink: ;D
 
Upvote 0
much of japan's culture was "borrowed" from the classical chinese culture--- even their language is somewhat similar.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Oil can?
Replies
13
Views
684

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom