What's new

Can anyone tell me what i got?

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2011
Messages
2,964
Reaction score
460
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here they are can anyone tell me what kind and for what(concerning the tack) thanks in advance.
PS in the fuzzy picture of the tack,the quarter is for size, thanks for looking. HH in the fuzzy picture, the quarter is for size reference.
 
I can't tell what the size is, but your tenth picture down looks to me like it might be the brass knob (for lack of a better word) on the butt stock of a muzzle loading pistol, although the pistol would usually have a screw hole in the center of the dome. If it's real small, then I'd say a domed decorative piece for a leather item or something like that.
 
Upvote 0
wild guess on 3rd one from bottom: tricycle wheel hubcap?
 
Upvote 0
Next to the last looks like a belt or strap end "crimp-on" tip.

Best,
Scott
 
Upvote 0
One item is obviously a bullet. The osthers obviously are not bullets. Other than that I don't know what all you have found. Well, one of the pictures looks like a cartridge case of some type, possibly a Henry rifle ? Monty
 
Upvote 0
#1 I'm not sure is a period bullet.

#2 is certainly a pistol caliber CW era bullet. Can I see a crisp photo of the base of it?

No idea on #3

#4 appears to be a CW era Sharps or similar.
 
Upvote 0
your diamond shaped deal is from a pail...its what the wire handle was connected to

The round deal was definetly leather decoration....
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom