What's new

Can someone ID this item?

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2014
Messages
1,790
Reaction score
3,850
Golden Thread
1
Location
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Manticore
Equinox 800
Modified Etrac
Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this while hunting near a lake today, rang up 22 on the Nox and has a Waterbury back mark. I can't find any info on it, I thought it was a button when I first dug it , but, it has the 2 stems. Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20200108_175400461.webp
    IMG_20200108_175400461.webp
    54 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20200108_143112483.webp
    IMG_20200108_143112483.webp
    5.3 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_20200108_143139601.webp
    IMG_20200108_143139601.webp
    13 KB · Views: 262
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
DCMatt is correct, as usual... the wires on your button's back mean it was intended to be attached to leather, such as a chinstrap. The backmark which says Waterbury CO's (abbreviation for Companies) means it dates from 1943 onward, when the firm changed its name from Waterbury Button Company to simply Waterbury Companies (plural, and without "Button" in the name). I should mention, sometime around 2015 the name got changed back to Waterbury Button Company.
 
Upvote 0
Ok, thank you guys!!!
 
Upvote 0
I agree with DCMatts identification. My link was just to show a button with the same letter on it and it's being referred to as a Sheriff or Security one.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom