What's new

Can someone tell me the name or type of point this is? Found in Houston County, Ga

4runner

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2013
Messages
41
Reaction score
41
Golden Thread
0
Location
Savannah, Ga
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
image-1370101567.webp
 
Upvote 0
Sure.. it looks to be a Hernando with some damage to the stem and one ear.
 
I would agree it's an assymetrical Hernando.
 
Welcome aboard 4runner.
 
Nice point welcome to Tnet ;)
 
Welcome to Tnet and hope to see more of your finds, rock
 
Welcome to Tnet and hope to see more of your finds, rock
Thank you rock, I you see more of them too! I have moved to Savannah, Ga and having a hard time finding places to look.
 
Thank you rock, I you see more of them too! I have moved to Savannah, Ga and having a hard time finding places to look.

PM GArebel on here and ask him if he knows anyone in the area that can take you on a hunt. Im in the middle of plowed fields here and still have a hard time every once in a while. All the fields are plowed rite now and I cant seem to get but 1 day off in 3 weeks. Im missing my hunting season of the yr.
 
I've seen some written opinions from "scholars" and those of us who find Hernando Points also speak about the size and the thinness of these points. They are more than not usually well made. We often think they are very specialized points for hunting larger prey and also for human warfare during the times when, at least in FL, the land was diminishing in size and people/groups were having to interact with eachother....
All of us in FL love Hernando points and they are found in good amounts up to GA but are found in great number North of St. Petersburg along the Gulf Coast. 500 BC - 200 AD in FL
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom