What's new

Can someone tell me what this means?

Gary66

Full Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2009
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Belle Vernon PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Bandido and Conquistador. Whites TR-Disc, Eagle 2 SL 90, Eagle Spectrum, XLT and M6. Garrett GTAx 1000pm, Garrett Pro Pointer. Compass XP-Pro. Fisher CZ-6A. Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and Sharpshooter.
Thanks for reading.

I was detecting deep in the woods and found an old campsite. After finding a V nickle dated 1907 and some wheat's I came up another good signal at the base of a huge boulder which turned out to be an intact mason jar with a fork in it and sealed tight. I didn't think anything about but when I mentioned finding it to a grounds keeper "who is in his 60's" he kept asking me where I found it. I asked why he wanted to know and he said that a "mason jar with a fork in it" was a sign for something and he wouldn't go any further into telling me what it meant.

My question to all of you is does anyone know what it does mean? I know I've searched every site that I could find and couldn't even get a whiff of a clue. I hope someone can clue me in.

Thanks all
 
Talked the the groundskeeper but he didn't have anything else to say. Like I said I spent a few more hours in the area and found nothing else at that rock but did manage to find another 3 spoons and a fork that was broken in half. I've come to the conclusion that this was a lunch area for the loggers when they were clearing the surrounding hills back in the early 1900's. Seems a fitting place to sit and have something to eat. I did find a leaf shaped metal and plastic broach and a metal lipstick case also. Have no idea why that was there but whatever.
 
Upvote 0
creskol said:
Gypsy Heart said:
Well...maybe something is buried there and the jar is protecting it!

.... and .. if you open the jar and release the JuJu .. you get forked! ;D

Now that made me laugh very loud :D :D :D
 
Upvote 0
Yeah that had me laughing as well... :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0
4-H said:
creskol said:
Gypsy Heart said:
Well...maybe something is buried there and the jar is protecting it!

.... and .. if you open the jar and release the JuJu .. you get forked! ;D
HAhahahaha! You are now haunted forever by a Fork.

Haunted forever by a Fork :D Just in case I would replace jar with a very nice Fork ;D
 
Upvote 0
Maybe I should stick a digital recorder in the jar with it and see if I can catch some strange forkin voices!! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
SWR said:
How about a picture of the Mason jar?

That could help on date if pattern/maker of fork is unknown :dontknow: You may have to replace both mason jar and fork :D
 
Upvote 0
Actually the GF took the fork and the jar is still where it was found.

Shrug
 
Upvote 0
Tony in SC said:
Years ago someone was traveling, stoped to camp, had a jar of peaches,put the fork in the jar for easy transport and forgot it :wink: :wink:. Tony

Without getting more info from the elusive groundskeeper I would say Tony in SC got it :icon_thumright: I'm not sure about the peaches :D
 
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
Tony in SC said:
Years ago someone was traveling, stoped to camp, had a jar of peaches,put the fork in the jar for easy transport and forgot it :wink: :wink:. Tony

Without getting more info from the elusive groundskeeper I would say Tony in SC got it :icon_thumright: I'm not sure about the peaches :D
He should have returned the jar and fork to his Grandma so she could use it again. >:( Maybe he just forgot it. :)
 
Upvote 0
The obvious solution to your conundrum is to invite the man to hunt with you
share and share alike. You show him where you found the jar and you both look for his story. If you don't trust him show him the wrong rock. If he then refuses to tell you his information he will never find what he is looking for but you will be able to figure it out by where he digs and how deep he digs. siegfried schlagrule
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom