Monty
Gold Member
- Joined
- Jan 26, 2005
- Messages
- 10,752
- Reaction score
- 170
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Sand Springs, OK
- Detector(s) used
- ACE 250, Garrett
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner

SC_hunter said:I could swear I saw Frank Sinatra in that pic....just below and to the right of the teacher...![]()
It was really cold that day and everyone was freezing! Just to the right of the steps was a bicycle rack that is still there. I found a silver ring by it about a month ago! That little girl next to me is named Louise and she went all the way through high school with me and graduated the same year. She lives in California and has just divorced her 4th husband. I saw her at a class reunion last spring. My girlfriend as such in the 3rd grade was the girl in the same row next to the last on the right. I can't remember her name. I guess it wasn't true love huh? Funny how I can remember most of these kids and I see some of them every now and then. That was in 1953, a vintage year and I was 8.
My school was one of a very small school district that went to the 8th grade at the time the pic was taken. We consolidated with a bigger district the next year and then our school was cut back to just 6 grades. In seventh grade we were bussed to one central Jr. High/High School combined. So I went from an entire school of about 300 kids to one with about 1500 all in one place. Talk about culture shock! There was 382 kids in my senior class. I graduated about #340 but made nearly straight As in college. Go figure.