What's new

Can you help me date this ring?

je177

Full Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2006
Messages
166
Reaction score
131
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeastern MA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300. Ace250
I found this ring (My First!!!!!) in a field that has produced items from the late 1600's to the present. The ring says "Sterling" inside the band but it doesn't say .925. Is it possible to date this ring by looking at it? (Sorry if this is a re-post, I don't think it loaded the first time.) Any info would be great. Thanks.

J
 

Attachments

  • Silver ring resized.webp
    Silver ring resized.webp
    15 KB · Views: 244
One size fits all. The stone or something is missing.
 
Upvote 0
Even if it's not too old, it's still cool. Can't wait to get another! I'd still like to know how old it might be if anyone knows. Thanks.
 
Upvote 0
je177 said:
Even if it's not too old, it's still cool. Can't wait to get another! I'd still like to know how old it might be if anyone knows. Thanks.
I wish I could find my 1909 Sears Catalog. It may be in there. They carried a good selection of rings and most country folks had a Sears catalog in their outhouse. :D
 
Upvote 0
Looks like it may have been plated. Looks like it had a "stone" glued on to it. Doesn't look sterling. Try cleaning it up some. Cleaning silver doesn't hurt the value, unlike bronze or copper artifacts/antiques.
 
Upvote 0
I agree, it doesn't look sterling. It was found approx. 50 yards away fro
a saltwater beach. That may have caused the appearance.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom