can you set a audio threshold so it isnt just silent?

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nope... this machine runs silent... no hummm.

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Hey Patpall, are you missing the threshold hum of the DFX ? :wink: I wonder if you could crank up the Sensitivity or lower the GB enough to get the same effect.

OP
OP
patpall22

patpall22

Jul 4, 2006
Carmel ca/ Big Sur ca
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, whites DFX, XP DEUS, etrac and sandshark
I do Jeff, It kinda feels weird with no background noise. i've caught myself hunting in pinpoint mode on more than one occasion.

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
I do Jeff, It kinda feels weird with no background noise. i've caught myself hunting in pinpoint mode on more than one occasion.

I hear you man. We are creatures of habit! It took me a bit to get used to the difference in the background noise. But I often run my Deus pretty hot with 0 Discrim and little Silencer so it is usually pretty chatty anyway. Lately I have been trying audio Notch and Ground Notch and that really quiets the machine down. But I don't completely trust the "silence" yet. It is a bit unnerving at times and I will switch programs to hear everything.

I dug a beautiful 1721 2 reales pistareen last week that was next to some iron and it did hit pretty good on the program I had with the audio notch enabled. I'm learning to like the "quiet" :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions