What's new

Canadian nickel trifecta!

tyeehunter

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2015
Messages
39
Reaction score
61
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had an hour to spare between meetings today! 3 coins in 5 holes, 1917 Fish scale, 1922 Maple nickel, and a 1938 Beaver. Made my week! First time finding a fish scale. Yahoo I love metal detecting! HH!
 

Attachments

  • 1461721049819.webp
    1461721049819.webp
    30.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 1461721118159.webp
    1461721118159.webp
    15.4 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 20
Since three Canadians, I assume you are Canadian.
I got to say the "big 5" nickels (1922-1936) are hard to come by...at least for me. I have a lot more fishscales, than big 5 nickles.
 
Since three Canadians, I assume you are Canadian.
I got to say the "big 5" nickels (1922-1936) are hard to come by...at least for me. I have a lot more fishscales, than big 5 nickles.

I'm in Canada, Just a little bit south of Vancouver. I'd love to come out your way one of these days. :)
 
Congratz! That's the first time I've seen someone post a Canadian nickel trifecta!
 
Lots of Canadian hunt/find reports past couple days......things must be thawing? Keep the finds coming!!!
 
Congrats on your trifecta.
And FWIW, I also LOVE metal detecting. It's an addicting hobby but at least it's a healthy addiction (for the most part).
What's not to love about digging free treasure out of the dirt?? I'm surprised (yet thankful) that everyone isn't doing it.
 
Lots of Canadian hunt/find reports past couple days......things must be thawing? Keep the finds coming!!!

This winter was none existent up here compared to the brutal last one. At least in my part of Nova Scotia! [emoji106]
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom