What's new

Canteen

texan connection

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Messages
4,565
Reaction score
79
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Any Ideas on this canteen no markings on it
 

Attachments

  • DSCN1312.webp
    DSCN1312.webp
    40.5 KB · Views: 310
WOW Intresting, there are no Markings on the Neck But he does have a plate that appears to be hammered about the same size.
 
Upvote 0
Its a cork type, it belongs to my buddy (He paid $20.00 for that and the hammered out plate) I left him a message today. It looks like the neck is a little long compared to your pic, and it was soldered on kinda ruff looking, so maybe repaired b-4. I found some on ebay once you pointed me in the right direction and was amazed at some of the prices.
 
Upvote 0
It looks to be a real civil war period canteen but it looks like the neck might have been repaired or replaced. Not all the necks were marked and I'm sure they were different lengths due to the different manufacturers. I would take it to a civil war dealer or to a relic show. It would be easier to tell about the repair seeing the canteen in person.
 
Upvote 0
Is this solved? If its is, please green check it. thanks. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom