What's new

Capped Busted on Copperhead Rd.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2009
Messages
4,508
Reaction score
975
Golden Thread
0
Location
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Capped Busted on Copperhead Rd.

Hello , I have been having luck detecting in old trails that lead to abandoned homesites ..Sun. Nov. 1-09 Rainy day here ,nice temp ,moist soil ,almost perfect conditions for searching around some of the old colonial crossroads back here in the pines of Jersey.. Working this early site for few weeks now ,thought I should try this trail leading to it. After dozens of shotgun shell tops and buck shot . I found the LC ,1819 , next a 1821 Capped bust dime , last a 1833 capped bust half dime, must of been a spill , all were found within inches of each other , at 4- 5" deep . Total : 1821 over 0 Capped Bust dime , 1833 Capped Bust half dime , 1819 Coronet Large cent Update 11-5-09 ,I was told this dime does not exist and may be only a one Thanks for looking, CMD
 

Attachments

  • 18210ver0 bust dime 11-1-09 004.webp
    18210ver0 bust dime 11-1-09 004.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 4,200
  • 18210ver0 bust dime 11-1-09 002.webp
    18210ver0 bust dime 11-1-09 002.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 4,198
  • 18210ver0 bust dime 11-1-09 003.webp
    18210ver0 bust dime 11-1-09 003.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 4,173
  • 18210ver0 bust dime 11-1-09.webp
    18210ver0 bust dime 11-1-09.webp
    7.3 KB · Views: 4,197
  • 1819 coronet.webp
    1819 coronet.webp
    19 KB · Views: 3,476
  • 1821over 0 capped bust dime 11-1-09 001.webp
    1821over 0 capped bust dime 11-1-09 001.webp
    8.8 KB · Views: 2,388
  • 11-11-2009xx 006.webp
    11-11-2009xx 006.webp
    137.8 KB · Views: 1,469
Upvote 0
Re: Busted on Copperhead Road

Granitegator said:
I have a few questions....
Out here in California, we mostly dont have the opportunituies to find old coins, nor is there any old civil war relics etc...
So what else is there for us? We have gold nuggets and lost jewelry to detect for.
So I detect to make money, yes it's fun, but still I do it for the cash.

What I want to know is...
I keep reading about you guys finding old silver coins and civil war relics etc.... but never is there any mention about money.
Is there good money to be made finding old coins and relics? Or do you guys do it just for fun cuz you are history buffs?
I do it to make $. There are a select few who detect for history and such. At the bottom,(my personal info), are some of my sales and finds. Good Luck Hogge
 
Re: Busted on Copperhead Road

Congratulations DD. This is one that HAS to be sent in for Certification. PCGS or ANACS is the only ones I would send this coin to. AWESOME! The Hogge :notworthy:
 
Re: Busted on Copperhead Road

NICE Finds!!
That Dime Kicks A$$!!! :notworthy:
Congratulations On The BANNER!!!
HH!!
 
Re: Busted on Copperhead Road

have you looked closely at your 1833? the last 3 looks weird to me an altho I couldn't find a overstamp for a 1833 half dime..I think there is a small chance of it being overstamp...
 
Re: Busted on Copperhead Road

hogge said:
Congratulations DD. This is one that HAS to be sent in for Certification. PCGS or ANACS is the only ones I would send this coin to. AWESOME! The Hogge :notworthy:

ICG is a great one too. In my opinion, they are second best to PCGS. They are recognized in the coin community as one of the big 4.

Justin
 
Re: Busted on Copperhead Road

great finds diamond. keep hunting that trail heavy, good chance of more great old coins, and run low so you dont miss any gold ones, hh
 
Re: Busted on Copperhead Road

That last coin looks like an 8 over7.
 
Re: Busted on Copperhead Road

Fantastic finds once again! You are in a great area for those oldies.
 
Re: Busted on Copperhead Road

Some wonderful finds! :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Busted on Copperhead Road

Whoooa,I didn't even see this,until just now , I made a banner!!! not sure what that means , but it must be very cool .. a banner . Thank You!! Thank You All :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :notworthy:: :headbang:
 
Re: Busted on Copperhead Road

post a close up of the date ..........PLEASE!
 
Double Busted WTG...................................

HH :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Busted on Copperhead Road

Goes4ever said:
post a close up of the date ..........PLEASE!
Hi, Thanks for your interest , it's been put in a security box . I plan to send it out for grading, soon as possible. Let you know what happens. Thanks again,CMD
 
Re: Busted on Copperhead Road

do you mean a bank lock box? if so why not go to the bank take your camera and take a nice macro close up of the date, several guys here would love to see it, especially if it is that rare.
 
Re: Busted on Copperhead Road

Goes4ever said:
do you mean a bank lock box? if so why not go to the bank take your camera and take a nice macro close up of the date, several guys here would love to see it, especially if it is that rare.
Yes ,Safety deposit box . Speculating possible rarity and value :dontknow: but if you need a picture ,not a problem..asap ..Are you a collector?
 
Re: Busted on Copperhead Road

yes I am a coin collector, as with many on here. But if this coin is that rare, I think it would be great to see a nice close up of the date, I am just very interested in seeing a coin that maybe a one of a kind item!
 
Re: Busted on Copperhead Road

Goes4ever said:
yes I am a coin collector, as with many on here. But if this coin is that rare, I think it would be great to see a nice close up of the date, I am just very interested in seeing a coin that maybe a one of a kind item!
I understand. Can you see anything that looks like an overstrike from my original post picture ? Need opinion.
 
Re: Busted on Copperhead Road

I am no expert, but no I do not see an overstrike, that is why I would like to see a clearer larger picture, would be much easier to judge it then
 
Re: Busted on Copperhead Road

Great finds, the original pictures you posted looks like dirt or corrosion, like around the stars. Would love to see a super macro picture. Grats on the banner find.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom