What's new

Capped Busted on Copperhead Rd.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2009
Messages
4,508
Reaction score
975
Golden Thread
0
Location
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Capped Busted on Copperhead Rd.

Hello , I have been having luck detecting in old trails that lead to abandoned homesites ..Sun. Nov. 1-09 Rainy day here ,nice temp ,moist soil ,almost perfect conditions for searching around some of the old colonial crossroads back here in the pines of Jersey.. Working this early site for few weeks now ,thought I should try this trail leading to it. After dozens of shotgun shell tops and buck shot . I found the LC ,1819 , next a 1821 Capped bust dime , last a 1833 capped bust half dime, must of been a spill , all were found within inches of each other , at 4- 5" deep . Total : 1821 over 0 Capped Bust dime , 1833 Capped Bust half dime , 1819 Coronet Large cent Update 11-5-09 ,I was told this dime does not exist and may be only a one Thanks for looking, CMD
 

Attachments

  • 18210ver0 bust dime 11-1-09 004.webp
    18210ver0 bust dime 11-1-09 004.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 4,200
  • 18210ver0 bust dime 11-1-09 002.webp
    18210ver0 bust dime 11-1-09 002.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 4,198
  • 18210ver0 bust dime 11-1-09 003.webp
    18210ver0 bust dime 11-1-09 003.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 4,173
  • 18210ver0 bust dime 11-1-09.webp
    18210ver0 bust dime 11-1-09.webp
    7.3 KB · Views: 4,197
  • 1819 coronet.webp
    1819 coronet.webp
    19 KB · Views: 3,476
  • 1821over 0 capped bust dime 11-1-09 001.webp
    1821over 0 capped bust dime 11-1-09 001.webp
    8.8 KB · Views: 2,388
  • 11-11-2009xx 006.webp
    11-11-2009xx 006.webp
    137.8 KB · Views: 1,469
Upvote 0
Re: Busted on Copperhead Road

I really hope I can get some busted coins one day.... :notworthy: What kind of sites do you hunt ? ??? :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

Nice job, :headbang:

Keep @ It and HH !! :D ;D
 
Re: Busted on Copperhead Road

Hey Diamond, great finds! Me thinks that may be a flaw in the metal under the date and not a zero. Would be nice though if it were a printing mistake, would be very rare indeed! I too dug a couple of nice half dimes in So. Jersey years ago. On a whim I had my son go back to the site and he also was lucky enough to dig one this past year. I am retired in SC for the past 15 years and really miss the Jersey treasure finds.Keep up the good hunting, I think your finds are many more to come in that area.Be patient and cover it slow.Best of luck and keep posting!!!
USAranger
 
Re: Capped Busted on Copperhead Rd.

Great old finds there congrats.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom