Capt. Billy Rawson’s Book Just Published On Amazon

TheRev

Greenie
Aug 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fifty-five years in the making, Captain Billy Rawson's "Weed, Whackos and Spanish Treasure" is the 475 page memoir of one sea captain’s survival in a world where nothing is ever solidly grounded and the only border is the open horizon. Spanning the 1980s to the present, and set across the Dominican Republic to the Gulf of Mexico to the Florida Keys, Billy’s career sees him go from drug smuggler to commercial fisherman to treasure hunter, culminating in the discovery of one of the oldest shipwrecks in the New World. A true story, Captain Billy’s adventures keep you wondering how he ever managed to find his footing in a life spent adrift.

www.bit.ly/CaptBilly

509815E5-C7AC-4BB1-8C0B-F08ADC19B03C.jpeg

NOLLIDER

Jul 31, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I clicked on the link and it appears to only be available as a Kindle download

Does anyone know if hard copies are available ?

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
re: Available only on Kindle-- You can get the Kindle Cloud Reader app for your computer, buy the book for $4.99 and read it on your favorite computing device.
I read the sample and it is better written and edited than I expected. Pretty funny stuff, and it echoes the experiences of many of my friends who lived in the same areas at the same time. It does read pretty well.

OK...Here's a little background research on the author. I'll be buying a copy.

https://twitter.com/captbillrawson1?lang=en

https://www.passagemaker.com/technical/junk-under-the-bunk-boat-repairs-macgyver-style

https://www.facebook.com/bill.rawson1?ref=br_rs

Last edited:

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
A colorful life with some very colorful stories.

I definitely recommend it to seafarers & landlubbers alike.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I did indeed buy a copy. Worth the $5 even if you have to borrow it., :)
Funny as hell in a lot of places, with a few things that would have been better left out in the first half of the book but the 2nd half really spools up and delivers some interesting stuff about folks you know or know of.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Earlier I had posted:
"I did indeed buy a copy. Worth the $5 even if you have to borrow it.,
smiley.gif

Funny as hell in a lot of places, with a few things that would have been better left out in the first half of the book but the 2nd half really spools up and delivers some interesting stuff about folks you know or know of."
Everyone gets to get under the bus in this one...EVERYONE from the Keys to the Dominican Republic that has done business with Capt Rawson has their moment in the line of fire.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread