What's new

Car/battery/oil finally Froze :(

The price here for a garage to come jump your car is 85 bucks,that is INSANE.

I believe he is $30.00 per hour , as Compared to $65.00 average
for this area . but I'll be surprised if I'll be charged Here.

He is a New service Station, and has been giving me deals ever since I jumped ship and
switched to him. as many others are.
 
Got a buddy that works with me who has a 90’s model dodge with a 12v Cummins and never had a problem with it in PA when he lived there. Moved here this year took the grid heater off and it got to about 6 one evening and woke up the next morning I had to go to his house 30 minutes from my house to jump him and get the old girl going
 
this area has always been hard on Batteries.
(always a Few -0 days)

And that is on Normal Winters.

This year is anything But Normal .
 
this area has always been hard on Batteries.
(always a Few -0 days)

And that is on Normal Winters.

This year is anything But Normal .

We’re having a normal Arkansas winter. Very cold one day and then 50 degrees the next. I’ve been trying to see if he knows any good places to detect back home where he’s from in PA but he’s a 19 year old kid and his idea of places is a mid 50’s Church
 
The price here for a garage to come jump your car is 85 bucks,that is INSANE.

$103.00 New Battery
$20.00 for this Morning.
$20.00 more when he stops in later today to Install My new One. (sheet of Ice out there now)

I can live with that.
 
I GIVE UP ! I feel like i'm being ignored. I thought that was good logical idea.
 
I GIVE UP ! I feel like i'm being ignored. I thought that was good logical idea.

LOL I Missed your Post, but an Extension Cord to the Neighbors would be Longer then one to My house :laughing7:
as I really Have no Neighbors at the Moment.

House on One side is Empty.
and one on the other is used by a Hoarder
for storage

opopop.webp

Nice & Quiet this side of the Road
 
Last edited:
all is Good Now Anyway. My Service Station Owner showed up at 3:30 & Installed a New Battery,
on his way home for the day.
 
LOL I Missed your Post, but an Extension Cord to the Neighbors would be Longer then one to My house :laughing7:
as I really Have no Neighbors at the Moment.

House on One side is Empty.
and one on the other is used by a Hoarder
for storage

View attachment 1535034

Nice & Quiet this side of the Road

no,no,no you missed the point. what suggested was you wander over to the neighbors house get the extension cord bring it back home, use it then you return it. unless you're one of those friends that borrow things and don't return things ? in which case your neighbor probably wouldn't even answer the door anyway. oh well ? a horder huh ? you coulda probably got another battery over there ? saved some bucks ?
 
When it comes to Door Knocking, I try not to Converse with the Neighbors.

unless it's Life or Death last resort or they approach me.
We all get along better that way imo
 
$103.00 New Battery
$20.00 for this Morning.
$20.00 more when he stops in later today to Install My new One. (sheet of Ice out there now)

I can live with that.

$143.00 bucks for a new battery installed...! You'll have the same issue within 24 months with the same Ohio weather... PROMISE! Very cheap battery but I hope you the best. Wouldn't you buy the best battery living up there to save money...? Hang onto that receipt if its a 3-year battery at that cheap cost. And make sure it punched or stamped on the top of the battery also.

But I'm glad you got it started... :icon_thumright:
 
his supplier only carries Deka .

No Dihards. I'm still satisfied. my last mechanic would have let me get it towed in and nickle and dimed me to a $300.00 bill, and the exact same Battery
 
Last edited:
Glad you got it running again.
Our truck is 6 years old this year, we may have to get a new battery soon. The factory batteties seem to last about that long before we have to replace them.
I'm just happy it has pulled us thru this 2 week deep freeze.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk
 
When I lived in Mn 40 yrs ago I used to put a shop light under the hood and it kept everything warm enough to start no problem in the morning....and I have never seen oil freeze....it will get thick but I'm not sure it will freeze solid
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom