What's new

Car/battery/oil finally Froze :(

The "mount" I'm referring to is only about 1000' from the base. There is or rather was a trail, but dummy here climbed the face.

I May through up in that case.
Then again, I may just need to be carried away in a body bag.
 
Jeff, I was a lot younger. And relics were at the top! Good ones.
 
Wonderful,just freaking wonderful....8am its 12 degrees....I need a martini !
 
I`m going out around 3 or 4 pm today and take a large pry bar to my hood as my brother pulls the hood release.
Going to be -7 and -9 here in the next couple of nights,i`m going to need to jump it i know.
Sorry for all you southern coastal boy and girls all the states are going to ice up or a lot of snow even into the deep south ...Be Safe... no Barbecue grills in the house !
Gary
 
Jeff
If i lived 40 miles from you i`d come and help you out jump your car or take you to a store for food .
I`d help any TNeter within 40 miles of me on a cold or warm day rain or shine/snow...only around 40 miles cuz my Jeep is old and won`t trust it much farther .
Must be another guy or gal from Tnet that would help !
Maybe we need some kind of forum for this .
Heck we would all go help if a total stranger who advertised they lost a Ring or Keys.
Put out a roomer that Gold is Buried on your property and watch them line up .
Just me being bored and thinking to much !
Gary
 
Last edited:
Hey Jeff,, why is it so cold in Pennsylvania?
Does it have anything to do with Global Warming?
 
This has been the funniest thread I've read in a very long while! I'm from Canada and the temperatures you guys are bringing batteries into the house, starting vehicles at night...etc. Whoo boy!

Here's how to survive cold weather and vehicles:

1. Understand that winter brings cold weather and plan ahead.
2. Get your car "winterized" have the antifreeze adjusted to whatever you need for your region mine is good to -45C, get multi viscosity oil 5W-30 comes to mind and is actually ok year round, have the battery load tested...if it fails get a new one.
3. If your vehicle doesn't have a block heater, have one installed. They have magnetic ones that you can crawl under and stick on the oil pan but climbing around under a vehicle in those temps doesn't sound like fun to me.k
4. It's a myth that warming your battery helps, trust me I used to sell batteries. A trickle charger will keep a battery charged up overnight if it's on the weak side. Clean battery cables ensure proper charging. If your cable is green and crusty even into the rubber coating....replace it.
5. Plug in your car overnight and it'll start in the morning!
 
'99 Saturn

it's been turning hard in the mornings for about a week now.
thick high mileage oil

it helps if you change the oil at least once a year. with the right vickscoquity :laughing7:
 
How cold is it ? LOL
 
it helps if you change the oil at least once a year. with the right vickscoquity :laughing7:
. Agreed! Every 3000 miles. The cheapest thing that you can do to make sure your engine doesn't wear out is change your oil.
 
You should be using the best oil around. Its call: AMSOIL. Get the Full synthetic oil. Would be nice if your car had a engine heater also...lol
 
synthetic oil is to make enviro-psycho's all Gushy inside.

It's like eating synthetic Steaks

I only use the Real Thing.
 
synthetic oil is to make enviro-psycho's all Gushy inside.

It's like eating synthetic Steaks

I only use the Real Thing.

I'll have to disagree with you on that one. Todays synthetic oils are leaps and bounds ahead of dino oil, especially in your case concerning viscosity.
 
Hey Jeff... 2 things to say. Don't use a 200 ft. extension cord without it being at LEAST 14 gauge wire and 12 is better depending on what the draw is on the receiving end. And I advise ya to rethink today's synthetic oils. They are superior to mans made engine dino oil. Here's an idea and probably a lot cheaper in the end... Go buy a 250' roll of #14 gauge wire. Buy a plug for one end of the wire and an outlet for the other end...! Simple to wire and setup and a safe cheaper extension cord.

GUESSING BUT VERY CLOSE: Probably about $40-$45 dollars for a SAFE 250' extension cord.
 
Last edited:
A plastic ,or home built sled. A jumper box that lives in the house being recharged when not in use( beware ,there are some junk brands out there).
Either use the sled to bring battery to the house to sit on like a momma hen ( or put on a charger) , or bring jumper box to battery in car via sled.

Just spent a couple hundred on a glass mat battery for the plow truck ,after playing "I don't wanna start" for multiple mornings.....
 
Relevantchair has a point. Those jumper boxes aren't too expensive, I used to have one.
 
well JEFF have you learned anything from all these suggestions ? its nice to have friends isnt it ?
 
Jeff, car fixed yet?
 
nope. still sitting out back.
I don't want to call AAA to haul it & get it Fixed ,
only to have to worry about it not Starting the Next morning
& having to call AAA again.

ouch.webp

Monday I will call them

Will at least have a fair Chance then

0kokuk.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom