What's new

"cAr" button?

OldNBroken

Sr. Member
Joined
May 13, 2010
Messages
307
Reaction score
99
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Idaho
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, XP Deus, ETrac w/ sunray X1, SDC 2300, XTerra 705, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"cAr" button?

I think that's what it says. Has ten stars and a rope design on the back. My cousin has showed it to me along with some other things I'm going to post (one as a "what is it" and the other things because I think they are pretty cool).
He wanted to see if anyone could give him info and value on it.
 

Attachments

  • button1.webp
    button1.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 153
  • button2.webp
    button2.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 160
Re: "cAr" button?

GAR
 
Upvote 0
Re: "cAr" button?

BigC strikes again! That's exactly what it is. :thumbsup:
There's several on ebay for $1 plus shipping
 
Upvote 0
Re: "cAr" button?

Thanks for the quick ID BigC! Mainly wanted to know if he should store it in something other than the plastic baggy it's in. Guess not.

Now go to the other one I'm posting for a real whatsit. No clue what it is.
 
Upvote 0
Re: "cAr" button?

bigcypresshunter said:

I agree.
GAR=Grand Army of the Republic.

Scott
 
Upvote 0
Re: "cAr" button?

OldNBroken wrote:
> Mainly wanted to know if he should store it in something other than the plastic baggy it's in. Guess not.

Well... because in this case, GAR stands for Grand Army of the Republic, the yankee civil war veterans' organization (the northern equivalent of the United Confederate Veterans organization), some people may have interest in owning that button. There are lots of people who collect civil war veteran groups' memorabilia, so I personally wouldn't toss that button into a junkbox. It's US military-related, and is most likely 130/140 years old.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom