What's new

Carbonaceous Chondrite?

Huskerhunter

Full Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2011
Messages
113
Reaction score
468
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
I found this unusual rock last summer while looking for arrowheads in my alfalfa field. I posted it to the fossils forum thinking that's what it was, but they said it most likely wasn't a fossil. So out of curiosity, and the weight of the rock in proportion to its size, I put a strong magnet on it to see if it would stick and viola! It held on tight. I searched the internet for some images to see if I could find anything that looked similar. These were the closest looking ones I was able to find.

ForumRunner_20150214_135100.webp



ForumRunner_20150214_135117.webp

Here is mine...


ForumRunner_20150214_135255.webp



ForumRunner_20150214_135329.webp



ForumRunner_20150214_135346.webp



ForumRunner_20150214_135419.webp

I'm just wondering if I should have someone look at it or not. Did I get lucky or is it just a chunk of slag earth metal? Thanks in advance for any input, I appreciate it. Found in S.W. Iowa.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom