What's new

Cashing In

randreoni

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 20, 2007
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Just curios who out there is selling there silver finds. I'm sitting on a decent size pile from crh and thinking about taking some profit.
 
Upvote 0
Just holding on to mine for now. I believe the value will continue to go up. Even then though I may just hold on to them?? Just don't know. Really not doing this for profit but for fun.
 
$500 face and the 40%ers are gone. Thinking of selling 90% too but......... I work hard for them LOL.
HH Mark
 
The 40%ers could go at $1000 face, but still unsure about the 90% at this time. For me the only 90%ers to go at this time will be the 64s.
 
I've been selling some - mostly 40%ers - on bulliondirect.com's Nucleo Exchange. I use the proceeds to buy gold on the dips.

Bids on Nucleo are currently $44.30 per $10 face on 40%, and $110 per $10 face on 90%. They take 1% commission and you have to ship it to them...

HH,
Wally
 
Wally,
Not to hi-jack his thread, but how do you like Bullion Direct, I just sent in some 40% not a lot about 10 rolls, To see how it does, is it a pretty good place to deal? and have you had any problems?
Thanks
 
idothisforfun said:
Wally,
Not to hi-jack his thread, but how do you like Bullion Direct, I just sent in some 40% not a lot about 10 rolls, To see how it does, is it a pretty good place to deal? and have you had any problems?
Thanks

I love it, but my experience is limited. So far, I've only sold CRH finds and silver, bought some silver/gold, and then re-sold it when the price went up. I have never taken delivery of anything or had them send me a check. I don't expect any problems, but I just don't want to speak to anything I don't have actual experience with.

Their commission of 1% is near-trivial. The biggest cost is shipping, and that depends on how much risk you want to assume. I popped for Registered Mail with full insurance. Used a Priority Mail flat rate box so the weight didn't kill me. I sold some before shipping it and then shipped extra stuff to have available for later trades to spread the cost of shipping out.

Even with commission and shipping, I haven't seen any place that will pay close to what I can get there. Well, except eBay maybe, but you're taking a chance there - sometimes people pay crazy prices and sometimes it goes under spot.

HH,
Wally
 
I sell. Gives me a wad to spend and keeps the missus happy. A little here and there goes into .999 silver, but not enough.
 
I'm holding out...... ;).
 
I just started so I don't have enough to sell anything.

HH
Cat
 
The Bullion Direct site sounds pretty cool, so do they act like escrow? where you ship them the coins and they distribute them and pay you?
 
maizeandblue said:
The Bullion Direct site sounds pretty cool, so do they act like escrow? where you ship them the coins and they distribute them and pay you?

Yes. Whether you buy or sell, you only deal directly with BullionDirect. It's just like buying or selling stocks or commodities on a major exchange. You sell your stock, but you never actually know who is buying it.

wrb
 
This morning, 1-24-08, I was listening to Bloomberg tv (stock market channel) and there was a financial adviser talking about investing. He said utilities and health care facilities are a good prospect right now along with gold and silver (silver more so than gold) Silver was hovering around $16 an ounce this morning and he said that is a bargain price compared to what he thinks it will go up to. I think I'll hold for a while.
 
I'm sure silver will go. The silver/gold index is about 55 right now, and historically it peaks in April/May.

I sold a bunch last fall at twelve and did very good on it. I'll sell again in the spring.
 
i cashed in on jan 26.....i cashed in $ 150.00 facw silver halfs, was paid 9.75. i was happy, still have my 40% s and another 30/40 dollars in silver left....
 
Today is 2/4/2008 and silver was at $16.77 at one point today. At that time I called the local dealer. He said he would give me 4-1/2 X face for the 40%ers ($2.25 ea.) and 11 X face for the 90%ers ($5.50 each). No shipping involved. Saturday I purchased $1.014.00 worth of .999 silver. I was only going to buy $500 worth but the dealer said if I buy over $1,000 worth of bullion, I don't have to pay any tax so, that's what I did. It's funny how the Feds can say I don't have to pay any State tax on something I bought in California. I'm guessing this law applies in all states??????
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom