What's new

Caught In The Freezing Rain, But Still Got Colonial

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
5,634
Reaction score
54
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
By the time I got from the truck to the site,
about a quarter mile, it started sleeting and
raining. I hung in there for about 20 minutes,
My XLT was getting soaked and I had no plastic.
So the hunt was cut short.
I did, however, get some keepers.

Fired pistol bullet
Some decorative brass
Iron buckle
Brass decorative buckle frame
Flat button with rope edging
Pewter button with some kind of design
(That is only my 2nd pewter button and
they both came from this site.)

I can't wait to get a whole day hunting there.

IMG_9350.webp

IMG_9357.webp
 
Upvote 0
Shot hunt but you got some nice finds way to go!!!!!!!
 
Ty,
You are a diehard. :icon_thumleft: Not even cold and sleet can keep you away.
Congrats big guy, :icon_thumleft:
Doug
 

Attachments

  • ALeqM5hwD5e8iX2Hnm4wHQF1QYKUXsYb9Q.webp
    ALeqM5hwD5e8iX2Hnm4wHQF1QYKUXsYb9Q.webp
    9.1 KB · Views: 413
Yeah that stuff came through here today too. Strange little patches of freezing rain and it was 45 degrees on the ground.
 
The pewter definetley has something on it Ty,just can't seem to figure out what.Look's like an awesome spot from your last dig's......Nothing like the counterfiet copper.Nice Dig's... :thumbsup:
 
The 'decorated brass with holes' is part of a Colonial Shoe Buckle. The pewter buttons are a good sign & so is those buckles :icon_thumright: Get back there & be prepared :wink:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom