CWnut, I didn't mean to start a fire, it was just my opinion. I have always had better luck with 2Box units that had separate transmit and receiving boxes. I had a Garrett ADS 10 Work Horse unit with the bloodhound setup. When checking the wiring it appeared that it was wired to have both coils trans and receive. It was a quick check, so I could be wrong in that respect. In other words a regular detector with 2 coils operating at the same time as opposed to a true 2Box that has a receive coil and a transmit coil. The 2Box units get their dept because of the separation of the two coils It is also the reason they don't pick up small stuff. To put it mildly, I was not satisfied with the dept of the Garrett.I had a 5 gal can buried 3' down and I could not pick it up with the Garrett. I must also admit that I gave up on the unit after only trying it for 30 days then selling it. The guy that bought it loves Garretts and was happy with it. I now have an old Hays true 2Box that will go 12' for a .50 cal ammo box in an actual find.
I didn't mean to ruffle feathers, just my opinion based on actual usage. Frank