What's new

CELLAR HOLE HUNT* KG II* MASONIC TOKEN

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
3,465
Reaction score
2,997
Golden Thread
6
Location
CT
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Chris(snapolson) had wanted me to take him to a cellar hole.So we decided today was a good day. got to the sites at 8am.
1st 2 sites i had been to previously and they have been hit pretty good by me and a few hunting buddies( I got my 1785 CT there the other day).Chris managed a nice bigger colonial button and I squeaked out another copper a 1752? King George II.only 2 finds from those first 2 sites.
the last site we went to is a frustrating site as you will see in the sink photo
Tons of targets! even though its a colonial foundation..nothin but more modern stuff has been dug here(victorian-1930's).I think over time after the shallower targets are dug only then will some colonial stuff surface.i think a lot of stuff is being masked at this site.in time we shall see.
a few nice targets surfaced from the trashy site though.
a local waterbury dated masonic aluminum token, a lead filled back carriage nameplate (gotta research this name) http://www.antiquecarriages.com/ind...-sleigh&catid=34:carriages-for-sale&Itemid=55
2 wheaties 1916 & 26,a oxknob with the horn still in it and a few plated spoons.whats the long handled one used for ?
I think Chris did a video of the hunt so stay tuned!
 

Attachments

  • NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 007.webp
    NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 007.webp
    114.2 KB · Views: 644
  • NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 010.webp
    NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 010.webp
    34.9 KB · Views: 795
  • NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 011.webp
    NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 011.webp
    34.2 KB · Views: 727
  • NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 009.webp
    NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 009.webp
    45.6 KB · Views: 715
  • NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 008.webp
    NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 008.webp
    48.7 KB · Views: 688
  • NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 005.webp
    NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 005.webp
    75.9 KB · Views: 650
  • NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 001.webp
    NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 001.webp
    37.6 KB · Views: 654
  • NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 002.webp
    NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 002.webp
    135.3 KB · Views: 634
  • NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 013.webp
    NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 013.webp
    59.3 KB · Views: 819
  • NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 012.webp
    NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 012.webp
    71.5 KB · Views: 817
  • NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 014.webp
    NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 014.webp
    53.4 KB · Views: 810
  • NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 015.webp
    NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 015.webp
    44.3 KB · Views: 819
Upvote 0
more pics
 

Attachments

  • NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 019.webp
    NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 019.webp
    52.9 KB · Views: 825
  • NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 020.webp
    NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 020.webp
    51.9 KB · Views: 828
  • NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 018.webp
    NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 018.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 823
  • NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 017.webp
    NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 017.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 800
  • NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 016.webp
    NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 016.webp
    39.8 KB · Views: 818
  • NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 024.webp
    NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 024.webp
    45.9 KB · Views: 610
  • NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 026.webp
    NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 026.webp
    35 KB · Views: 628
Nice relics and pics!
 
Nice finds. The long handled spoon looks like an olive spoon????
 
Nice copper and token!! :headbang:
 
JW15 said:
Nice copper and token!! :headbang:

is what i was gonna say.
the hunt is on for 70!
and some draped bust silver... :headbang:
 
Sweet finds man. I am haveing trouble finding cellar holes, any tips. I seem to find a spring house here or there but like I said no cellar holes. Im in eastern pa if that helps :icon_scratch:
 
Nice finds. I really like the masonic token. I'm really glad you posted about that second site heavy. I just recently found what I was certain was an early homesite. The local jived with my research for a 1790s home, intricate stone walls, crude hand fired bricks, a complete lack of concrete. Everything lookmed perfect but after hitting it a couple times its completely covered with 1920s junk and I can't find a single thing pre 1900. Having just moved from TX and being new to cellar holes I thought maybe I misidentified it, but I know your not new to them so maybe there is something there.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0018.webp
    IMG_0018.webp
    39 KB · Views: 629
  • IMG_0017.webp
    IMG_0017.webp
    38.3 KB · Views: 655

Attachments

  • NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 021.webp
    NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 021.webp
    40.4 KB · Views: 562
  • NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 022.webp
    NOV 26TH KING GEORGE II COPPER 022.webp
    40.8 KB · Views: 565
HEAVYMETALNUT said:
Timekiller said:
You're a digging machine :D Wanted to ask about the piece in pic #5 by the drain hole.Looks like this buckle I dug if so look at the site I"ll post.Just didn't want you to over look it. :wink:
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
http://www.civilwarpreservations.com/catdet.asp?TargetItem=BB335&CategoryType=relics
wow thanks! i gotta go dig in the garbage can and get that back out! thought it was just a junk iron horse tack slide buckle.
got it out and here's a pic.a match?
Yep It's happened before on here with somebody. :laughing7: Who ever it was had done what you did tell I showed them the pics. :laughing7:
Now you've dug it twice. :wink: ;D
Take Care Buddy,
Pete, :hello:
 
Timekiller said:
HEAVYMETALNUT said:
Timekiller said:
You're a digging machine :D Wanted to ask about the piece in pic #5 by the drain hole.Looks like this buckle I dug if so look at the site I"ll post.Just didn't want you to over look it. :wink:
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
http://www.civilwarpreservations.com/catdet.asp?TargetItem=BB335&CategoryType=relics
wow thanks! i gotta go dig in the garbage can and get that back out! thought it was just a junk iron horse tack slide buckle.
got it out and here's a pic.a match?
Yep It's happened before on here with somebody. :laughing7: Who ever it was had done what you did tell I showed them the pics. :laughing7:
Now you've dug it twice. :wink: ;D
Take Care Buddy,
Pete, :hello:
thanks again pete so,what is this exactly? what was its purpose i mean? uniform? gun sling strap buckle?
 
HEAVYMETALNUT said:
Timekiller said:
HEAVYMETALNUT said:
Timekiller said:
You're a digging machine :D Wanted to ask about the piece in pic #5 by the drain hole.Looks like this buckle I dug if so look at the site I"ll post.Just didn't want you to over look it. :wink:
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
http://www.civilwarpreservations.com/catdet.asp?TargetItem=BB335&CategoryType=relics
wow thanks! i gotta go dig in the garbage can and get that back out! thought it was just a junk iron horse tack slide buckle.
got it out and here's a pic.a match?
Yep It's happened before on here with somebody. :laughing7: Who ever it was had done what you did tell I showed them the pics. :laughing7:
Now you've dug it twice. :wink: ;D
Take Care Buddy,
Pete, :hello:
thanks again pete so,what is this exactly? what was its purpose i mean? uniform? gun sling strap buckle?
I'm not sure buddy, not my field.No good on CW stuff.When I found mine I had came across that website.It had me curious (mine because of other things I was finding from the site I was digging).Maybe some of the CW guy's will chime in & let us know.I just threw mine in with the other late 19th century finds & never thought about it anymore until you & who ever the other person was as a reference.I want to think it was Woodland detectors (Mike) but don't hold me to it. :icon_scratch: Anyway The Cannon Ball Guy on here could tell you every thing about it I'm sure(he'd be the best bet that I know for such a item) I think he's on too.
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
 
great finds for sure. looks like they used the masonic token as a button :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
jewelerguy said:
great finds for sure. looks like they used the masonic token as a button :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
no they used it as a whirligig.a string went through it and it made a whizzing sound
 
Nice GII!
i've yet to dig one with much detail,
Unusual token and plate :wink:
seems to me double holed coins/tokens that have the holes so close together
would not work well as whizzers,
space the holes and it would really 'Whizz' :laughing9:
love those spoons! No silver? :icon_scratch:
The long handled spoons are most commonly called
'Iced Tea', 'Cocktail', or 'Bar'. "shaken, not stirred"... :D
'Olive' spoons are usually perforated, and some sport a prong on the handle tip for spearing.
Great homesite hunts! i wish the snow up here would melt :laughing7:
 

Attachments

  • OLIVE SPOON.webp
    OLIVE SPOON.webp
    139.1 KB · Views: 665
Too cool!!

All the best,

Lanny
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom