What's new

CELLAR HOLE HUNT REDEMPTION*1721 TWO REALE PISTAREEN

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
3,465
Reaction score
2,997
Golden Thread
6
Location
CT
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fellow Nor'Easter detecting member Allison (also known in her blogs as the detecting diva) wanted to go on a cellar hole hunt with Todd & myself.1st 2 sites were hit and pretty well.i nabbed a few buttons & 2 nice colonial strap hinges.the 3 rd site is where I redeemed myself from last weeks heavymetalputz incident with the white faced hornets & cracking my knee.My knees still a little sore but after walking awhile it seemed to loosen up so,maybe i did something good by getting out of the house and walking on it.
got a nice signal at 3 inches,in the hole I see a large thin silver
shocked.gif

now ya don't see these much up north,I see quite a few dug in Virginia and had always wanted one.
a 1721 two reale silver pistareen.
smiley-cool11.gif
.my 1st pistareen! I have many south american reales but this is a 1st minted in spain reale
never seen this backmark on the earlier 2 piece button? M.Sandhand? and the brass thing with half holes? some sort of bird shot lead mold is all i can think of

the injuries I got after being stung by white faced hornets,and tripping while running and knee coming down on a rock 2 saturdays ago.bone chip came off my knee cap and it swelled.the walking did it some good this past saturday and so glad I decided to go for a hunt!
 

Attachments

  • 101_3829.webp
    101_3829.webp
    90.3 KB · Views: 279
  • 101_3825.webp
    101_3825.webp
    67.9 KB · Views: 282
  • 101_3841.webp
    101_3841.webp
    126.2 KB · Views: 338
  • 101_3832.webp
    101_3832.webp
    80 KB · Views: 299
  • 101_3834.webp
    101_3834.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 333
  • 101_3863.webp
    101_3863.webp
    47.5 KB · Views: 316
  • 101_3854.webp
    101_3854.webp
    31 KB · Views: 289
  • 101_3866.webp
    101_3866.webp
    75 KB · Views: 290
  • 101_3848.webp
    101_3848.webp
    43.9 KB · Views: 289
  • image (1).webp
    image (1).webp
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,108
  • 101_3865.webp
    101_3865.webp
    48.2 KB · Views: 258
  • 101_3862.webp
    101_3862.webp
    33.7 KB · Views: 267
  • 101_3860.webp
    101_3860.webp
    60.5 KB · Views: 265
  • 101_3864.webp
    101_3864.webp
    60.2 KB · Views: 295
  • 101_3868.webp
    101_3868.webp
    96.6 KB · Views: 262
  • 101_3814.webp
    101_3814.webp
    13.2 KB · Views: 253
  • 101_3804.webp
    101_3804.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Upvote 46
few previous hunts on video





old coin spill at a cellar hole and a large cent at another site
 

Attachments

  • 101_3797.webp
    101_3797.webp
    35.9 KB · Views: 207
  • 101_3790.webp
    101_3790.webp
    79.8 KB · Views: 219
  • 101_3789.webp
    101_3789.webp
    40 KB · Views: 226
  • 101_3782.webp
    101_3782.webp
    47.1 KB · Views: 226
  • 101_3780.webp
    101_3780.webp
    64.1 KB · Views: 210
  • 101_3798.webp
    101_3798.webp
    39.4 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
That 2 reale is a heart stopper ! :headbang: Glad you guys are beating the heat and saving some history!
 
Dave Congrats on ONE HECK of a Great Looking Pistareen, That an Awesome way to cure the curse of the Bees :thumbsup:

Bubba65
 
Great videos and some very impressive finds...love the buttons in pic.# 11 HH.
Gary
 
Simply put-GREAT HUNT AND SAVES!
 
buzzz


:icon_thumright: jus messin'with yeah ,,

glad your ok and terrific comeback pistereen hunt

Mike
 
CMD hit it on the head, "What a come back". A real nice reale or should I say a pristine pistareen, and a hockey sock full of other goodies. WTG Heavymetalnut.
Ya know we don't get many Spanish silvers up in these parts but ours seem to be in much better condition then most of the ones found in the South. I'll take quality over quantity any day.
Great saves,
ZDD
 
Nice hunt, awesome place you found...Sweet coins, love the relics!!!
 
Fantastic finds! Love the videos. Hope your knee is better soon! :icon_thumleft:
 
Nice hunting.

Great condition on the spanish, nice find, congrats !

Curious with all old stuff, and cellar holes you get to, what is your oldest Silver ?

Thanks,
Rick
 
Sweet old piece of spanish silver!
 
Epic! Great history saves. Wonderful vidoes as well. Thank you and keep up the great work!
 
Last edited:
Awesome hunt and I'm sure that 2 reale helped to ease the pain
 
Awesome finds! Love the Spanish, and of course pocket spills are always on my wish list. The brass mold thing, I am almost sure is a mold for making split shot sinkers. I have similar molds that I use to make them here out of scrap lead. Could be for bird shot, I suppose, but otherwise those are some mighty small lead balls for any kind of firearms use. Great hunt(s), though. I'm envious....havn't been finding much myself here lately. HH and Good luck on your future hunts. Thanks for the pictures and video.
 
Love that Spanish silver. Still waiting on my first one.

Great hunt!
 
You guys are killin' it - WTG! Love the 2 reale pistareen. Your 2 piece button backmark appears to be Sandland, not Sandhand, but I still could not find any reference to it in any of my books.
 
That 2 reales is a fine specimen Dave, and I wouldn't be surprised if isn't now your favorite Spanish silver :headbang:
I have yet to dig a complete pistereen type 2 reales - I have found several pieces cut from 2 reale pistereens and a couple complete 1 Real pistereens. One day I'll get one!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom