What's new

CELLAR HOLE HUNT REDEMPTION*1721 TWO REALE PISTAREEN

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
3,465
Reaction score
2,997
Golden Thread
6
Location
CT
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fellow Nor'Easter detecting member Allison (also known in her blogs as the detecting diva) wanted to go on a cellar hole hunt with Todd & myself.1st 2 sites were hit and pretty well.i nabbed a few buttons & 2 nice colonial strap hinges.the 3 rd site is where I redeemed myself from last weeks heavymetalputz incident with the white faced hornets & cracking my knee.My knees still a little sore but after walking awhile it seemed to loosen up so,maybe i did something good by getting out of the house and walking on it.
got a nice signal at 3 inches,in the hole I see a large thin silver
shocked.gif

now ya don't see these much up north,I see quite a few dug in Virginia and had always wanted one.
a 1721 two reale silver pistareen.
smiley-cool11.gif
.my 1st pistareen! I have many south american reales but this is a 1st minted in spain reale
never seen this backmark on the earlier 2 piece button? M.Sandhand? and the brass thing with half holes? some sort of bird shot lead mold is all i can think of

the injuries I got after being stung by white faced hornets,and tripping while running and knee coming down on a rock 2 saturdays ago.bone chip came off my knee cap and it swelled.the walking did it some good this past saturday and so glad I decided to go for a hunt!
 

Attachments

  • 101_3829.webp
    101_3829.webp
    90.3 KB · Views: 279
  • 101_3825.webp
    101_3825.webp
    67.9 KB · Views: 282
  • 101_3841.webp
    101_3841.webp
    126.2 KB · Views: 338
  • 101_3832.webp
    101_3832.webp
    80 KB · Views: 299
  • 101_3834.webp
    101_3834.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 333
  • 101_3863.webp
    101_3863.webp
    47.5 KB · Views: 316
  • 101_3854.webp
    101_3854.webp
    31 KB · Views: 289
  • 101_3866.webp
    101_3866.webp
    75 KB · Views: 290
  • 101_3848.webp
    101_3848.webp
    43.9 KB · Views: 289
  • image (1).webp
    image (1).webp
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,108
  • 101_3865.webp
    101_3865.webp
    48.2 KB · Views: 258
  • 101_3862.webp
    101_3862.webp
    33.7 KB · Views: 267
  • 101_3860.webp
    101_3860.webp
    60.5 KB · Views: 265
  • 101_3864.webp
    101_3864.webp
    60.2 KB · Views: 295
  • 101_3868.webp
    101_3868.webp
    96.6 KB · Views: 262
  • 101_3804.webp
    101_3804.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 253
  • 101_3814.webp
    101_3814.webp
    13.2 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Upvote 46
A whole 2 reales. WTG HMN!
 
Fantastic finds! Love the videos. Hope your knee is better soon! :icon_thumleft:
thanks Rick! this is my 2nd oldest silver.my oldest is a almost wiped out no date king william bender love token
 
Great finds HMN , congrats on a successful hunt .. cheers Mick
 
wow what a silver save ... how do i vote for banner ?
 
wow what a silver save ... how do i vote for banner ?
thanks SS! i guess in the top right of the post see the red bar? it says nominate banner,thnaks again!
 
I can't be the only one who never finds anything at cellar holes...right?
 
nice finds congrats HH
 
you got my banner vote ..you never see 1721 come out of the ground like that ...wow man ..I want 1 so bad i can tast it .I dont care if its all worn out I just want one lol.. I live in New England so this post is very cool to me .and it make me hopeful..lol I know of some old cellar holes . how deep was it ?
 
you got my banner vote ..you never see 1721 come out of the ground like that ...wow man ..I want 1 so bad i can tast it .I dont care if its all worn out I just want one lol.. I live in New England so this post is very cool to me .and it make me hopeful..lol I know of some old cellar holes . how deep was it ?
i never thought i'd find one this far north,was 3-4 inches.thanks for the vote!
 
Man Oh Man, GREAT silver there! Your first pistareen, and it's a big one! Nice suspender clips. Fantastic photos. The piece with the tiny holes looks like a mold for casting bird shot. Could also be for sinkers, as someone stated above. And of course the pocketspill and other finds are first rate too, but the pistareen is the star of the show. I only have a couple silvers that approach that age range.

Cheers,

Buck
 
Last edited:
Very pretty silver - big congrats on that piece!
 
SUPER FINDS! CONGRATS! :headbang: :occasion18: I too messed up my knee a couple weeks ago. After first couple of agonizing days, I've found that moderate exercise helps a lot, but overdoing the exercise brings renewed pain right back. Hope you continue to have good recovery! Andi
 
SUPER FINDS! CONGRATS!:headbang: :occasion18: I too messed up my knee a couple weeks ago. After first couple of agonizing days, I've found that moderate exercise helps a lot, but overdoing the exercise brings renewed pain right back. Hope you continue to have good recovery! Andi
thanks Andi! my swollen knee went down but woke up this morning and my foot and ankle are twice as big as the other one.I think gravity pulled alll the fluid from knee down into my foot.took me 15 mins to get my boot on today
 
Great silver! The Hogge
 
Not that's a nice find! Finding one from 1721 and in such great shape it had to have been lost more than 250 years ago.
 
Super nice 2 Reales! Looks like a fun site.

Steve
 
What is this?

image-1977353558.webp
 
Whoa Dave a Pistareen in New England i have never seen one dug out this way:icon_scratch:

That is a killer find man:headbang:

But i must set my heart on those Colonial hinges:thumbsup:

Those look early and im glad you took them home..

I can just hear them creaking holding up that monster wooden door..


Blaze
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom