What's new

celt??

canoeguy45887

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2013
Messages
42
Reaction score
78
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one of my favorites it sparkles in the right light very polished slight chip took me 2 hrs to clean all the crust and moss off but it was worth it (oh yeah, found on river bottom)

346.webp347.webp
more pictures
440.webp438.webp437.webp436.webp435.webp434.webp433.webp431.webp430.webp429.webp427.webp425.webp423.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
It might just be the photos but I think all I see is a cleaned up river rock.
Just being honest
 
I have never found a celt or axe...but I know from seeing other posts, that the best way to ID a celt is to get a pic of the blade head-on, which would be if you rotated this 90 degrees...can we see that view?
 
I must admit I take some crappy pictures
 
It won't even matter if its blurry just take one looking directly at what would be the bit straight on as if it was going to chop the camera lens
 
I 've hunted NW Ohio for the last 45 years and you've found some really good artifacts, but this isn't one of them. I agree with Gator on this one. Celts and axes are supposed to have a defined cutting edge. But you are on the right track though. I really enjoy seeing artifacts from that area. Welcome to the forum and good luck,there are many rivers and tributaries to scour up that way.
 
I will go with everyone else, I don't see a blade end and you can see that most times even from the side, maybe this will help you I.D. one10-8-13 011.webp10-8-13 012.webp
 
Sorry canoeguy, but that is not a Celt or even an artifact. I don't see any evidence of it ever being altered by man. A Celt will have a sharpened Blade and that one has no evidence of having a Blade.
 
Sorry not an artifact, just a lot of pictures of a polished river rock is all i see......






3%

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM


We will NOT go quietly into the night!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom