What's new

cen-tech pinpointer?

HollandsBrook

Full Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2008
Messages
105
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Scotch Plains, NJ
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey guys does anyone know how the cen-tech 14.99 pinpointer is?
 
is that just for their online warehouse? how about their retail stores? same story?
 
Don't know about the back order business, but I've heard they work okay. Especially considering the price. Don't know just how much reach they have compared to other pinpointers, but then again for the price how much do do you expect. Been thinking about trying one myself.
HH
Bill
 
Over on Find's Forums someone showed a video and the pinpointer's performance was impressive. It emits a loud, high-pitched tone when the tip was brought near the various coins that were used in the test. I had placed an order for one but after waiting 30 days I canceled my order. However, some report that they've gone to the stores and the pinpointers were on the shelf. Some individuals have volunteered to buy several and sell them to the forum members for the same price as asked by Harbor Freight.

Reports by users run the gamut from deinitely worth getting and using to some claiming that the cheap construction has been a factor in failures. It's luck of the draw.

I started a thread a while back and someone else had started one before mine.

Find's Forums have been down for a couple of days.

Silver Fox
 
I did a review on them on the "Tool Shed" forum, here is the link:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,155621.0.html

Yes, they've been on back order. Was told that these were only available as a phone or internet order but a few people said that they have found them in HF stores. I've also seen a few on Ebay, search by "pinpointer".

Jeff
 
I quess I better run and get the other 2 that were still on the shelf when I bought mine.
 
i just called the store near me in ewing, nj and they have only 2 left.
 
Greetings, I found 4 in Oregon and asked if someone wanted me to pick up one for them. One asked but too late. I bought 2 and gave one to a friend. So far mine are working great. They don't vibrate so I have some vibrator motors on odrer. I am very deaf so I don't hear the beep. They compare very well with the Bullseye as far as depth of signal. Most definately ! ! go to the HF stores or call. They are part number 97245 and cost $15.96. They are 9volt and even come with a belt sheath.
 
Hey Marcus,

I use the Harbor Frieght model centech. It is Awesome!!! I used it for the first time last monday and found about 4 bucks with it.

It gets about a 2 inch reading which is great. You have to get one. I ordered one online and it was backordered. So then I just went to the local HF store and found many sitting on the shelves. HA. SO i bought one.

IT's def worth the money and it works great too.

Fishstank
 
Find's Forums is back online, they were changing servers. I found the post with the video showing the CEN-TECH pinpointer being demonstrated and the post included the YouTube URL which is this one:


The little guy really squeals when it nears metal!

Silver Fox
 
went to a harbor freight today and picked one up for 16.99. used it in my hunt today and i have no comparison but i think it works great. really speeds up the process of searching the hole/dirt. didnt find much...only a 1945 wheatie. so far so good with the cen-tech!
 
I just bought mine at the columbus store. "harbor frieght"

Remmember to take a online print off of the price otherwise they charge you 16.99or do what i did and raise a fit until they cave.

I like it but it hasnt come in that useful yet.

it is super sensitive and hard to adjust but it does work and is a great alternative to the whites $199.00 pinpointer.


Ian
 
I saw a cen-tech pinpointer on ebay but i cant even find one on harbor freights website anywhere.... i guess i'll go to the harbor freight store near my house and check..
 
I read this topic yesterday and had just lost an ebay bid for $75 on Bullseye II so said what the heck. Printed out the Harbor Freight on line spec and price sheet went to the local store they had 6 and honored the $14.99 including battery and holster online price vs the 16.99 in store price. I've tested it and for the money it seems great. Has a light, push and hold on button sensitivity button is suspect but seems to have about a 1.5" range. Going back tomorrow for a back-up. They probably won't last long but treat'em as through aways or back-up. Thanks guys for the tip.
 
i have bought 4 for the wife and i and have added an led light to it so i can see it since with headphones on its hard for me to hear , they work great even better then my automax , harbour frieght raised the price a dollar on the second two i bought but still at that price they are great :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • 100_1907 (700 x 525).webp
    100_1907 (700 x 525).webp
    61.1 KB · Views: 280
I really like the Cen-tech pinpointer.. picked one up today for 15.86 at Harbor Freight... for a little cheap pinpointer it works so well!
 
Lots of comments but none about viewing the video!

I hate to bump a thread that is this old- but Silver Fox your video "does not exist", at least that is what comes up on the screen when you press "play". I checked your utube demo's and was unable to find it there either. I have been researching pinpointers as others have and was hoping that your video would aid me in my search. Your other videos have been very informative and educational in learning my Vaquero (a great MDer, by the way) ,thanks. HH yelnif...
 
they do get the job down keep it dry and from getting dusty and it will work just fine the others are way over priced as it is
but not cen-teck I use one all so
there great when they work
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom