cerro gordo in danger from a open pit mine being oked very close by

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i hope this is ok to post here,if not please move it to where it should be .but we only have till the end of august to send comments to the blm.cerro gordo ghost town is near lone pine calif and is a really cool place.k2 mining from canada is planning a open pit mine every close and will destory alot
attachment.php
of history. can some there please up load this you tube video on to here,sorry i dont know,how does this happen in california that has so many bs mining laws,money,i guess.
thanks brad

Attachments

• Resized_20210815_164313.jpeg
    Resized_20210815_164313.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 161

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
wow.thank you brad

That is a very one sided argument .

Driving factor of opposition....

Is fear that a mine nearby will drive away potential tourists to the ghost town and there for a threat.Since brad has promoted the abandoned mining town on you tube and spent 1.4 million to acquire his own remote private playground. The fact of the matter what is presented is hysteria disguised as environmentalism by some one with an ulterior motive to protect his perceived bottom line. While he owns the town he does no own the surrounding mines or mineral rights.

This is what influencers like him try to propagate with their agenda with statements that are simply incorrect.

Federal laws that regulate mining companies to comply with the following regardless of what state the mine operates in by foreign or locally own companies.

• National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
  • Clean Air Act (CAA)
  • Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
  • Clean Water Act (CWA)
  • Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
  • Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA)

Mining companies regardless of being foreign or american provide jobs and associated jobs. Economic activity incurs taxes.

An influencer provides jobs for one person.

Crow

OP
OP

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
if he wanted to make money there are way easier ways to do it.i believe that he is really trying to save the history of the area,i have friends that help out there.and saleing a few tshirts is not going to make you rich,iam a miner but would never destroy history,just for money,
brad

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola amigo

With the old ghost town wish him well but....

I have no doubt he is passionate about the history. But he has to face reality you cannot expect mining to never recommence even in a old historical district. Its like buying a property next to an airport then whine about the Airport.

Kanacki

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread