What's new

Certian minerials???

=Carl-NC ]
"What happend when you performed the experiment RT?"
^^^^^
Once again, you seem to have veered off onto Irrelevant Boulevard. The experiment I spoke of was the one Peg Leg suggested... having someone hold the lapis lazuli to your forehead, while you think "heat."
So what happened when you performed the experiment? Seems it would be right in line with your stated interests.- Carl
****************

I had the exactly same results as you carl, since neither of us actually performed it, so we can only speculate based upon past information, which may not even be pertinent or correct here.

Don Jose de La Mancha
 
RealdeTayopa said:
I had the exactly same results as you carl, since neither of us actually performed it, so we can only speculate based upon past information, which may not even be pertinent or correct here.

I also found Peg Leg's claim that the mere thought of heat would have an effect on lapis lazuli to be utterly preposterous and outright laughable. But unlike you, I am willing to actually do the experiment, not only to prove it to myself, but to prevent true believers from claiming that I refused to give it a try.

I've always told folks to "look, and see for yourself." I happen to practice my own advice.

- Carl
 
[=Carl-NC link=
I also found Peg Leg's claim that the mere thought of heat would have an effect on lapis lazuli to be utterly preposterous and outright laughable. But unlike you, I am willing to actually do the experiment, not only to prove it to myself, but to prevent true believers from claiming that I refused to give it a try.
I've always told folks to "look, and see for yourself." I happen to practice my own advice . Carl
************

Excellent Carl, please fill us in on the details of your experiments, witnesses.. Where did you get "this particular Lapis L" that he referred to? How much did it cost? How much did you purchase and actually use?

Where and when did you perform the experiments, alone or in a group? obviously being a true seeker of knowledge you certainly did not perform it just a few times? There is a learning curve no? so how many times did you try?

You obviously kept accurate notes, post them so that we can also learn from your results.

I am looking forward to reading your notes Carl.

While I do not accept the story out of hand, neither do I dismiss it without attempting to prove it right or wrong. I have seen too many apparently unexplainable things in the The Gobi and Old China to blithely dismiss things without investigating as well as i am capable of..

Since, so far I am unable to obtain that particular form of Lapis L, I am unable to perform the experiments so will rely upon your results.

Don Jose de La Mancha Tropical Tramp

p.s. You have remarkably fast mail service, I still haven't received an answer yet as to the availability of "that particular type of Lapis L." As you know from Crystallography each, even in the same specie, have distinctly different characteristics depending upon impurities.
 
Sorry, have no idea what you are talking about regarding "this particular Lapis L". I simply followed Peg Leg's suggested test:

Anyway if there is anyone out there that has such a stone try this Little test. Have someone hold this stone to your forehead and you think about HEAT. The person holding the stone will drop the stone within a few seconds. It gets to hot for them to hold...

My daughter happened to have a piece of lapis lazuli. She got it from a local rock shop. Actually a "New Age" rock shop... the owners believe in all sorts of rock powers. ::) One time, the owner was explaining to my daughter the powers of particular minerals... my daughter looked at her and said, "They're just ROCKS." I coulda died laughing.

Anyway, no, I didn't do a fully documented scientific study that you seem to believe is necessary. I just looked, and saw for myself that Peg Leg's claim was bogus. You can do it, too, if you want to. The you don't have to take my word for it.

- Carl
 
=Carl-NC Sorry, have no idea what you are talking about regarding "this particular Lapis L". I simply followed Peg Leg's suggested test:
**************
"It is Royal blue with small flakes of gold pyrite through it. It is found where these - country's touch each other, Russia, China and Tibet. There are other locations around the world but this is where the - true Physic stone - come from. It is LAPUS LAZULE"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway if there is anyone out there that has such a stone try this Little test. Have someone hold this stone to your forehead and you think about HEAT. The person holding the stone will drop the stone within a few seconds. It gets to hot for them to hold...
^^^^^^^

My daughter happened to have a piece of lapis lazuli. She got it from a local rock shop. Actually a "New Age" rock shop... the owners believe in all sorts of rock powers. ::) One time, the owner was explaining to my daughter the powers of particular minerals... my daughter looked at her and said, "They're just ROCKS." I coulda died laughing.
*************
Wrong, since you are an electronic engineer, I know that that you are aware of the electrical characteristics of Quartz for example, and how it's use in Radio transmission or reception made it the first reliable frequency stabilizer available. I also know that you are aware of the changes in it's characteristics depending upon the particular axis that it is cut. You are also aware of the Piezo effect in many minerals.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway, no, I didn't do a fully documented scientific study that you seem to believe is necessary. I just looked, and saw for myself that Peg Leg's claim was bogus. You can do it, too, if you want to. The you don't have to take my word for it
***************
why did you say "But unlike you, I am willing to actually do the experiment"????

Don Jose de La Mancha Tropical Tramp
 
The stone that I have came from TIBET. It is a very high grade and is almost a Royal blue with gold pyrite. It was valued at $250.00 -30 years ago. It came from the Tibet-Afgan-Russian border region.
Why do you trhink that I said NOT to use your daughter. The answer is apparent since "it is just a rock".
PEG LEG
 
Peg Leg said:
Why do you trhink that I said NOT to use your daughter. The answer is apparent since "it is just a rock".

So it won't work unless the holder is of a certain mental disposition? I knew there had to be a caveat, and that caveat would likely serve as an alibi.

Like dowsing, it only "works" for certain people and, of course, while no one else* is watching.

- Carl

*Skeptics!
 
Dell Winders said:
Like dowsing, it only "works" for certain people and, of course, while no one else* is watching.

NOT TRUE! That's more of Carl's BS propaganda to negatively sterotype Dowsing & Dowsers.

When I Dowse, it makes no difference who, or how many are present, or watching. Dell
Yet you can't seem to take down Randi..........
 
=Carl-NC
So it won't work unless the holder is of a certain mental disposition? I knew there had to be a caveat, and that caveat would likely serve as an alibi.
**************
Isn't the mental dispositon, attitude. confidence, etc., important in any competition or test?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Don Jose de La Mancha Tropical Tramp
 
RealdeTayopa said:
=Carl-NC
So it won't work unless the holder is of a certain mental disposition? I knew there had to be a caveat, and that caveat would likely serve as an alibi.
**************
Isn't the mental dispositon, attitude. confidence, etc., important in any competition or test?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Don Jose de La Mancha Tropical Tramp
As long as you believe the stone will get hot, it will get hot while you are holding it to your forehead?

Try asking a question that isn't 95% rhetorical, RT.
 
=af1733
Isn't the mental dispositon, attitude. confidence, etc., important in any competition or test?
^^^^^^
Try asking a question that isn't 95% rhetorical, RT.

*******************

Which definition do you wish answered af? skillful or showy? incidentally, which fits my above message ?

Don Jose de La Mancha Tropical Tramp
 
Yet you can't seem to take down Randi..........
Not to you guys...Every one else knows about Randi...including him self...Art
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom