Certified Bob Ross instructor

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a certified Bob Ross instructor, I use to teach when I lived in Missouri.

Here are are a few of my landscapes that I kept.......

y2yjere8.jpg

be3ahu4y.jpg

ypaqetu8.jpg

a9a4aza2.jpg

ude4aqu5.jpg

e9u3yryr.jpg

Last edited:

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, those are cool, I never could get the hang of that pallet knife.

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH, those are great- congratulations. I always admired Bob Ross' ability- for me , his painting's were like sitting at my window and looking out on the world. They were real, alive, and honest, as I feel that the man was himself. He was extremely talented and you learned well, as your paintings' show. Thank you for sharing- hadn't thought about Mr. Ross in a while.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I tried some of his methods, but I had trouble getting a sense of prospective using them. Maybe it was because I work mainly with acrylics. I never could learn to like oils. I use to even mix my own oils, but they just dried to slow for me. I have worked with Inks, watercolors, pastels, acrylics, and pyrography which I usually painted.
I have some artist friends that totally enjoy oils and paint paintings that sell in the thousands. I think you have to love working in the media to produce good work with it. Just an opinion, Frank...
111-1 profile.jpg

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my wildlifes I used an accelerator mixed in with the oils that helped dry the oils overnight. The next day I put on a clear overcoat that dried quickly, this allowed me the ability to protect what was painted to that point. By doing this I could always return to the last point I applied the overcoat to, mistakes could be removed with a palate knife or wiped with cloth, changes could easily be made as well....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
When I used the accelerators in oil I would get a slight variation in refraction that I could notice. Hay I think I am slightly biased on them, jest me from personal usage. Now I had a girlfriend who was far better than I at painting. She used oils and if she didn't get the desired results, out came a fresh rag and the offending image vanished. She did mostly classical themes that sold in the thousands in galleries.
Most of my paintings are acrylic and they are coated with urethane. They have a look of a fine oil. As I said before, you have to love the media to make it work. Frank...
hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I agree and you are very good in your medium....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

dashriprock

Jan 18, 2014
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster Vsat
Tesoro Diablo Umaxx
Garrett CXIII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Really nice! Thanks for sharing!!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
those look like happy little trees

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very touching rickv... thanks for sharing.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is one I did many years ago in oils. It's done in the wet-on-wet technique like the Ross stuff and only took about 3 hours. Don't really have to let anything dry with that style.

Attachments

• lake painting.jpg
    lake painting.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 171

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting