What's new

Chalcedony with white circle

Blackfoot58

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2023
Messages
6,195
Reaction score
15,847
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IMG_5080.webp

I found this chuck of chalcedony today.
I’m guessing that’s a fossil ring in the center.
 
Interesting find. Around the circular portion there appear to be five projections, giving it a five-sided appearance. Pentagonal symmetry and structures are almost exclusively from the phylum Echinodermata (marine invertebrates such as starfish, sea urchins and crinoids). I would guess it to be crinoid-related and part of the columnal.
 
Interesting find. Around the circular portion there appear to be five projections, giving it a five-sided appearance. Pentagonal symmetry and structures are almost exclusively from the phylum Echinodermata (marine invertebrates such as starfish, sea urchins and crinoids). I would guess it to be crinoid-related and part of the columnal.
Thanks for the info. As always, I appreciate your knowledge.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom