What's new

changed plans nets silver/turquoise

ctbob

Full Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
163
Reaction score
118
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm fortunate to live in an apartment/condo that has access to the beach, and I do most of my detecting in the general area. When I'm not detecting, I get my exercise by walking the beach among other things. It also alerts me to changes in the beaches for future hunts. Late yesterday afternoon, I was too lazy to suit up for a wet hunt with my cz21, and decided to go for a beach walk instead. About 100 yards down the beach I noticed a machine had dug into the remnants of a sanded in collapsed rock seawall, and the urge to detect got me. I turned around and quickly picked up my fisher F2, and a sand scoop and headed out. I decided to try some rocks at the bottom of the slop off my beach, and found my scoop wouldn't cut it here and moved to the muddy edge of the rocks. Almost immediately I get a hit, and can see a spec of turquoise in the mud. P1000276.webp Not much more as I zig zaged my way in the wet sand toward my sanded in seawall. As I kind of suspected, nothing in the disturbed sand by the sanded in sea wall. P1000274.webp I called it quits after an hour, thankful I changed my plans of walking, but wishing I took the time to gear up with my water machine. I don't know what the chain is, but there's a 925 stamp on back of turquoise.
 
Upvote 0
Nice goin' , Bob! :hello2:

I love the turquoise stone:headbang:

Lorraine
 
i cant walk the beach without detecting... nice necklace!
 
Really Nice,Thanks for sharing it with those of us still stuck in winter plunderland!!

HH John
 
Thanks everyone. Firemac, in the summer, I always have a detector when I'm on the beach. But in winter there are times when the low tides are covered by darkness, and no fresh drops in the dry sand to make it worth my while.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom