Changes

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes that is what will happen. I don't like them, but I will get used to it, just like when the site changed.

if this is what is going to happen and people who search certain rolls and post them in the sub-forums and not in the main crh forum then i am going to start to reconsider coming back to this forum. right now i come to the fourm at least once a day but it may become more infrequent.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will NEVER post on the half sub forum I will use the old one. So now I will never see the other posts its to much work and time.

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say in one week we make a poll on whether we like the sub form or not.

why wait a week. i want to cast a vote now.
thumb_thumbdown-smiley.gif

this is my vote.

question and i may change my vote. can the person who searched the rolls still post the finds in the main crh forum or will they be only allowed to post in the sub-forum?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The main forum was never meant to be removed or locked, posts can be put in both sub-forums and in main forum if the member wishes. Some members have said they only search 1 kind of coin, sub forums allowed them to quickly search one forum, quarters as example................

Give it a little time and see how members like it.... If need be removing the sub-forums is an easy process as all posts would then fall back in main forum, nothing lost or out of order........

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
Everyone has a different opinion as to logs it seems. I use to post my daily results but found I no longer wanted to spend my time with it.

I think many people like it as it fuels them along and gives them encouragement when they hit multiple skunks. After a while though, you just get use to those streaks and find it is more like work to sit and type out those results multiple times a week. That's how it went for me anyhow.

If you do not like to read them, simply don't click on them. It doesn't cause me any issue if the logs are there or moved to another forum.

MU

Last edited:

Jamesabroad

Feb 23, 2013
West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. I had no idea there were so many log thread haters. I created one because I like reading others. I am not egotistical and I don't need a thread on a forum to make me feel better about myself. I simply enjoy others crh logs. I will gladly delete mine now that I know the "old timers" tend to think the only reason people do it is to stroke their egos and it ruins "their" forum. Oh yeah, I like the subs.

mr.landpirate

Dec 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow. I had no idea there were so many log thread haters. I created one because I like reading others. I am not egotistical and I don't need a thread on a forum to make me feel better about myself. I simply enjoy others crh logs. I will gladly delete mine now that I know the "old timers" tend to think the only reason people do it is to stroke their egos and it ruins "their" forum. Oh yeah, I like the subs.
i agree 100%

I do mine so i can track my progress, if you don't like it stay off my log. your imput isn't worth wasting my time on.

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I almost never post but i read this forum like 10 times a day. I liked the sub forums until I realized that not all posts show up in the main forum. This is a really poor user experience. I like to read all posts and do not want to click through all the sub forums. This really should be fixed.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you read my post at all?? I quite honestly think you skimmed right over my post.
The main forum was never meant to be removed or locked, posts can be put in both sub-forums and in main forum if the member wishes. Some members have said they only search 1 kind of coin, sub forums allowed them to quickly search one forum, quarters as example................

Give it a little time and see how members like it.... If need be removing the sub-forums is an easy process as all posts would then fall back in main forum, nothing lost or out of order........

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Guys, the mods made a change that some of us wanted. If it doesn't work it doesn't work. I think having all threads in the main forum is a good idea but it seems difficult to do as all threads would have to be also selected to be in a sub forum unless people were forced to select a denomination option before posting a thread in the main forum. Give it a chance guys. I'm on the fence right now personally.

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mods...would it be hard to make it so when a post is put in a sub forum it also shows up in the main forum. Then if people want to view by denomination it would be sorted out. And if they wanted it the old way it would still be there?

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i agree 100%

I do mine so i can track my progress, if you don't like it stay off my log. your imput isn't worth wasting my time on.

Have you ever heard of Excel? Very easy to use and you can keep a log that is immediately available on your computer with or without a connection....

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Take your own advice Check It

Mr. Landpirate, you will indeed notice that I don't post my finds. I'm here as long-time hunter (30+ years) to help out the community and try to prevent mistakes like trading your stash for mowers without knowing what is in the stash. It was only a couple of years ago, that I routinely culled $60 face on average out of 8K. Why would I think that finds amounting to less than $10 face would be worthwhile. I would have shared my recent post with the group knowing how rare classic commems are found in the wild. But if you want to be the King, then you have to be prepared to climb the mountain. Yes, I found 12 Stone Mountain commems ranging from XF to a frosty MS65.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL

Don't delete your log because of others. Keep it if it helps you. Good luck grinding out culling a couple 40%'ers, and I hope you hit a dreambox. Hopefully, you'll have an ever-increasing following that wants to read your exploits. Just keep in mind, that many of us will never know that you killed it with a dream score if it is buried on the 20th page of you log.

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think in the case of a dream box one would post both in the log and in the main forum section. But we all know those are few and far between.

Jamesabroad

Feb 23, 2013
West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't delete your log because of others. Keep it if it helps you. Good luck grinding out culling a couple 40%'ers, and I hope you hit a dreambox. Hopefully, you'll have an ever-increasing following that wants to read your exploits. Just keep in mind, that many of us will never know that you killed it with a dream score if it is buried on the 20th page of you log.

Maybe I'll keep the log. You must think that I crh to flip a profit and become "rich". That's not the case. I am fine with pulling a couple 40%'ers because I do this for fun. I could care less if I have an "ever increasing following" . There are two or three others on here that I like to read how they have done I have talked to a little about the hobby. I don't care if you never know that I found a couple war nickels or 40% halves. And if you're so uninterested then why bother clicking on a post that is titled "so and so's CRH Log"? I didn't create the log to impress others. If you're unimpressed then that's even better because I'm sure that makes you feel good about yourself. Glad I could help.

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like the log section is unanimous. Also I like the concept of a questions forum.

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mods...would it be hard to make it so when a post is put in a sub forum it also shows up in the main forum. Then if people want to view by denomination it would be sorted out. And if they wanted it the old way it would still be there?

This would really suck in my opinion. That would mean, that I look at the sub-forums that I am interested in and then instead of glancing quickly at any subject titles that may catch my eye in the main forum, I would have to carefully scan the entire main forum again to see if there was anything I missed. You might as well not have the sub-forums again. I really think this cleans up the site a lot, and will save me time wasted for more CRHing.

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mods...can there be a sub forum called everything? A lot of us just want a way to see all CRH posts without having to click through half a dozen sub forums.

After a full day of usage, I really miss the old format.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread