What's new

Charged for bags?

UnoZeus

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2009
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Daphne, Alabama
Do you guys get charged for buying halves in bags? I went to my bank today to take out a few bucks and I asked them about ordering some halves. They said that they could give me bags but they would charge my 5 bucks each time I brought them back. Is this normal? My other bank sells me boxes for nothing and I dump them for free.

Whats up?
 
Upvote 0
Avoid paying a premium on bags or boxes. If you have to pay over face value to pick up or dump, find another bank.
 
UnoZeus said:
Do you guys get charged for buying halves in bags? I went to my bank today to take out a few bucks and I asked them about ordering some halves. They said that they could give me bags but they would charge my 5 bucks each time I brought them back. Is this normal? My other bank sells me boxes for nothing and I dump them for free.

Whats up?

Well don't bring them back; you should NEVER and I do mean N-E-V-E-R bring them back to bank where you got them!
 
obediah said:
UnoZeus said:
Do you guys get charged for buying halves in bags? I went to my bank today to take out a few bucks and I asked them about ordering some halves. They said that they could give me bags but they would charge my 5 bucks each time I brought them back. Is this normal? My other bank sells me boxes for nothing and I dump them for free.

Whats up?

Well don't bring them back; you should NEVER and I do mean N-E-V-E-R bring them back to bank where you got them!

Amen!
 
When you guys order bags do they charge you when you bring them to dump them off?
 
Many banks try because they don't want them back. Most
folks get asked to pay for a drop and turn around and walk
out. Problem solved either way. siegfried schlagrule
 
They told me that they would "love" to take them back for me, no problem. But they said it would cost 5 bucks, the coins would be sent off, sorted, and my account credited. She said that banks usually don't take "that much" in rolls for fear that they would be shorted. I have been bringing my boxes to random dump banks that I have accounts with, no problems yet. I was just looking for an easier way. 5 bucks a dump is not worth it though. I was just wondering if this was the norm for bags.

It is a pain to roll all that coin before I bring it back.
 
Hi,

I have several banks that I go to and I return the halves to the ones that don't care if I do. It costs a bank to get halves in and it costs a bank to ship them out. If both transactions are done at the same bank there is a fair chance that they will charge you or cut you off.

Get free checking account at a few banks...keep a few bucks in each....be nice to the tellers and ask if they care about halves coming in. Then spread them out over a few banks.

Have Fun,
Bill
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom