What's new

Chase bank, bad bank or just bad employees?

never2late

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2010
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
San Antonio, Texas
I ordered a box of halves from chase two days ago, and the employee told me he would order them as soon as I left. As I was released from school i called the same branch to see if by chance they had come in. Much to my surprise the branch manager tells me that the box wont be in till a week from this coming monday. AKA 1 and a half weeks after order...I guess they were just never ordered, but still i hav never had an order take one week. SO even if they do order it on monday I would expect it to be in on thursday by the latest. Oh well cant complain. Did a little road trip yesterday to about three banks.

Bank 1- No halves

Bank two- 3 halves all clad

Bank 4- halves again all clad

Bank 5- 25 halves 1 40%! My first silver in a month or so. Also got about 150 in dimes and 80 or so in nickels. Some hand rolled some bank rolled.

I also picked up another 160 in bank rolled from a wells fargo next to the mall where I work. But those and the dimes and nicks were all skunks. Frustrated but I was rewarded with one silver half :) never thougt i would get so giddy over just one coin.


HH all.
 
Upvote 0
One of the first things I learned when starting this addiction was that people do lie,forget,don't care,etc. Building a good relationship with a bank and its employees is not easy. There are bad apples at all banks. People complain about Chase,Wells,BofA,TD, they all have employees who suck. Remember they are providing a service, which means they are going to want to be paid for the service or at least appreciated. Try a different Chase, or take them some cookies, change up your routine, they will respond. I am just an old man but the girls all respond to my bribes. Cheers, Jim
 
coolpix9 said:
I am just an old man but the girls all respond to my bribes. Cheers, Jim
Yea Gold Diggers like dirty old men with deep pockets haha.

Another thing to consider is some branches don't do alot of commercial business and only need to order coin every other week or so. Gotta play nice so we can play the game out, it will end soon enough. I lost another bank branch this week to fees and I'm "grandfathered" in most places (been there longer than the current manager). When they have to run you off but they really really don't want to you know you been doin it right. HH Mark
 
in my small town chase only gets coin orders every other week, they say they have a small vault so I must pick them up same day they come in. No room but on the floor to store a box? but a box of dark chocolate and the vault teller of another chase branch loves to see me and my $500. in dumps.
 
My Chase doesn't order boxes for me since they had someone else who would order and dump on them. Most of the tellers are reasonably nice when I dump ($500 at a time). I'm sure they'd like me to stop, but they don't want me to take my other banking business elsewhere :)

-Dave
 
small bribes work --for a pitance of a lil gift and a few nice words much can be had. ;D
 
Sometimes teller makes mistakes like the rest of us. One of my lovely tellers tends to check the wrong box. She ordered me dollar coins instead of halves a couple times.
 
99% of the time ive had BAD experiences w/ the chase bank in my area.....so i think they are just now picky as to who they hire...crabby old ladies are just fine for them lol.
 
Food goes along way with Bank Employees.... :laughing7: I have developed a couple of rules that I follow and seem to work for me quite well.

Rule #1: Always end your sentence with a "Yes Maam" or "No Maam", substitute "Sir" if applicable.

Rule #2: If a teller goes out of his/her way to help you, immediately notify the Head Teller of your experience. I ended up opening an account at B of A that way. The teller (Turns out was the head teller) said that she had several hundred rolls of halves but only a couple that hadn't been searched.
Asked did I want just the two or all of them. :headbang: I opened an account right there, I can only use the ATM to do my banking but after I praised the teller to the Manager of the bank, she came over and said always come to the counter, I will take care of you.... She also supplied me with bags for my dumps to drop off at no fee either. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Rule #3: At random times throughout the year I always bring chocolate to my pickup bank and my dump bank. I make sure they are not cheap(Farley's) and I also include a box of "Sugar-Free" as well.
You would be surprised at how far that will take you.

Rule #4: If all else fails, simple just walk away.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom