Check out this nice Bolen bevel

jpitt1970

Jan 5, 2009
Huntsville. Al
I found this point in Franklin County Florida last year. It's one of my favorites from this site.
The shadow on the left side of the point is actually caused by the bevel on this sucker. This is the best of my Bolens I have found in Florida.

No the coloration to the base of the point is not from restoration, it is just the natural color of the chert. and talk about basal grinding....this one is as smooth as a baby's butt smeared with baby oil.

Let me know what you guys think

Attachments

• Bolen bevel.jpg
    Bolen bevel.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 343
Upvote 0
OP
OP
jpitt1970

jpitt1970

Jan 5, 2009
Huntsville. Al
sorry about the size of the pics, I had such a hard time with my camera trying to get a good focus and reformatting pics, I tried using my scanner. I am so computer stupid, it's not funny. As much as I would love to post more of my stuff here, I think I am done for now..it's taken me 6 hrs just to get these pics up..that's a whole lot better considering it took me 2 & a half days to get the pics of my gorget & 2 points up last time & they looked like crap!!!!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great point. Did they bevel those like what they call and edgefield scraper? I am not familiar with the points in your area. My girlfriends father gave me some really cool looking chert points from Early County Ga. Thanks for sharing and keep on doing the pictures it gets easier. :thumbsup:
TnMountains

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread