What's new

Check out this old ad!!!

richm

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2009
Messages
484
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this doesn't belong on "todays finds", but I thought you guys would get a kick out of seeing this. We've come along way....Rich.
 

Attachments

  • ad old.webp
    ad old.webp
    195.3 KB · Views: 436
  • ad old.webp
    ad old.webp
    195.3 KB · Views: 432
Looks like that's what they made from all the unsold hulahoops in the '50s. Neet ad!

DCMatt
 
Cool add :icon_sunny: Funny how the add points out no technical experience needed. How about tools to recover any potential finds in the rocks :D
 
Neat, looks like P. T. Barnum in the photo.

I wonder what his battery pack was like.
 
i wonder if i can hook that to my sovereign
 
Finally I have a use for the, "sky hooks" I had for years.
 
wonder how much he found with it. Looks like he is carring a car battery with it.....Matt
 
mlayers said:
wonder how much he found with it. Looks like he is carring a car battery with it.....Matt

Look at the photo on the top. He is leaning over the cliff with one hand working the coil. The other arm, only partially extended, is holding a box. This box presumably contains a meter, all the big fat heavy electronics of the time, and a possible car battery?

I wouldn't want to run into this guy in a dark alley. He's obviously related to the incredible Hulk.
 
Seamuss said:
Is anyone else getting ideas of manufacturing a model of this detector?

It would be cool to have a detector model attached to a lawnmover. Think about the possibilities: "Can I detect and move your property?" Also, it would ensure full coverage of area :laughing7:
 
Then they need something to locate the body.
 
.....this ad I have seen before....all of it was not reprinted.......this picture is from around 1930 and actually predates the Gerald Fisher version of the metal detector! Fisher is credited with the first patented metal detector but their were/are versions that predate his detector....mainly they were hobby/home built machines.......
 
Joe, you're right: despite Fisher's advertisement that they are the first in metal detectors (or however they word it), they were not. There were other attempts and productions (however so humble) before them. There are even crude detectors that pre-date their own, in their own museum, when I visited it in the mid 1990s in Los Banos.

The more accurate claim is that Fisher is the oldest "still existing" company in metal detectors.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom