What's new

check this out

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
now i must admit, i have never seen a shell somehow fire and end up like this little 22 cal. pretty cool huh?.....sage
 

Attachments

  • 115_0631.webp
    115_0631.webp
    125.8 KB · Views: 461
  • 115_0633.webp
    115_0633.webp
    89.9 KB · Views: 466
  • 115_0636.webp
    115_0636.webp
    73.5 KB · Views: 463
k, now the question is what in the world would cause it to do that? You are right, pretty interesting
 
Upvote 0
I don't think this shell has been fired,there are NO signs of being struck by a firing pin,which would be on the bottom edge (rimfire).Possibly over exposure from heat ?
Nova Treasure
 
Upvote 0
:o I can't believe I didn't notice that...not a dimple one that I can see.
 
Upvote 0
Probably was in a confined container and heat set it off and melted the lead. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Throw non jacketed bullets in a really hot fire. The Lead melts often before the powder inside blows the bullet off the casing(no pressure buildup_
 
Upvote 0
agree with everyone, its been in a fire.
 
Upvote 0
looks to be too much material to have come from the lead bullet portion and seems to be the wrong colour for lead,looks like iron staining in the second pic.just my 2 cents.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom